Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2019 10:40:54 PM EDT
Hey guys I am finally in the process of getting more free time and plan on shooting some IDPA (SSP) and 3 Gun (Tacops). Unfortunately with 2 kids my funds are limited and I am planning on using my Glock 34 Gen 4 for both events. I am looking for feedback as well as anything I might be misinterpreting. I think everything I have mentioned below will be legal to use in both divisions. I plan on just buying 10 rd mags for IDPA and keeping separate ones with mag extensions for 3 Gun. Also will not be able to use magwell for IDPA. Dont really see me getting an aftermarket barrel unless there is a really good deal or I read something phenomenal about something. Thanks for feedback in advance!

IDPA Mods:

Zev Spring Kit
$ .25 trigger job
Ghost Connector
Warren Sights
Extended mag release
Grip Plug

3 Gun:

All of the above mentioned plus magwell and mag extensions

Extras if needed:

Aftermarket Barrel ( As long as same caliber and specs as Factory)
Zev Striker (Only needed if getting light primer strikes from spring kit)
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If you change the striker spring it has a mushy effect on trigger. Reliability is a moot point if you swap to lighter striker but really you’re paying a lot of money for a mushy trigger. Everything else sounds good though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#2]
The most unreliable guns I've ever owned were a pair of G35's I set up for Limited.  AM triggers, skeletonized strikers, frame weights, brass magwells, TTI mag extensions, etc.

Something puked on those guns pretty much every match I ever shot them in.  Broken strikers, light strikes, FTF because of the mag extensions.  It was freaking never ending.  Guys still give me shit about it.

Last year I bought a Brazos 2011 and it's been 100% except for ammo issues (my fault).

That said I'd keep it as close to stock as possible.  The more you dick with them the less reliable they become.

What I'd do:

Magwell - The Dawson is nice
Polish
Minus connector of your choice
Sights of your choice
You can do the Zev spring kit but keep the striker spring stock or you're looking at occasional light strikes
Metal non-captured guide rod with a 10-12# recoil spring
You can use an AM barrel if you want but the stock barrel is plenty accurate enough.

You will need the mag extensions for 3 Gun.  In the end I used cut down Glock 33 round mag springs.  Cheaper and stiffer ($5 off the Glock website).
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
For that gun, I would just put on Dawson sights and a ghost disconnector with polish job. Everything else is of very limited benefit for IDPA.

For 3 gun you just need the mags with extensions and possibly a more secure holster.

Spend the rest of your money on ammo or match fees.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't use a magwell. For ten round mags, use Pmags. The Glock 10 round limited mags are horrible. Only hold 8-9 rounds if you're lucky.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input everyone. The upgrades I went with (for now) are :

.25 cent trigger job
Dawson Precision Competition Sights
Extended Mage Release OEM
Jentra Grip Plug
Zev Spring Kit (No Striker Spring)
Lone Wolf 3.5 Connector
Jager SS guide rod and #13 spring

I feel like this is a pretty good set up and I am hoping i wont need any further changes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#6]
So how's it shoot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top