Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2019 9:02:32 AM EDT
I am considering shooting my 1911 in steel challenge and other competitions.  What are the fastest iron sight on the market currently?  I realize some of this is going to be based on anecdotal evidence but I would still like to get some opinions.  Are there a certain type of iron sights that people see a lot of the top shooters out there shooting?

Update:
I am considering trying an adjustable ghost ring for the rear sight.  Has anyone shot this sight and what are your opinions?
https://www.brownells.co.uk/1911-ADJUSTABLE-SIGHTS-LPA-Round-Ghost-Ring-CASPIAN-Adjustable-Ghost-Ring-Black-Government-Commander-Officers-168202111
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Heinie or other brand straight eight sights (stacked dots) are fastest.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Iron sights action/practical shooters use fiber optic front sights and plain black rears with almost no exceptions.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Got to Dawson Precision, more USPSA and Steel Challenge guys use Dawson sights than the rest combined.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got to Dawson Precision, more USPSA and Steel Challenge guys use Dawson sights than the rest combined.
View Quote
...and they are all black rear and either black front or fiber optic front. Usually the front is also narrower than factory front sights.

All my competition (and most my carry) guns have a black rear and green fiber optic front. A few still have a black front and rear.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
/thread
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Black rear and fiber front is probably your best option.

Dawson, TTI, Sevigny, Vogel, plenty of good options out there at pretty much the same price point.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Black rear FO front for sure. I’ve been using Dawson for over a decade and have zero desire to change to anything else. Usually a .125 notch and .100 blade. Works well for steel and USPSA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top