Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2023 10:27:09 PM EDT
I have a new M2 competition.
When quad loading it will push a shell out onto the lifter sometimes.
That’s keeping me from continuing loading.
What’s wrong with it and how do I fix it?
Magazine spring too strong from factory?
She’ll latch problems from the factory?
I’ve been googling but can’t find an answer.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:41:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You're not getting the last round in far enough and the one above it kicks the last one out onto the lifter.
Have you have the port hogged out and tapered?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Boisestatefan:
You're not getting the last round in far enough and the one above it kicks the last one out onto the lifter.
Have you have the port hogged out and tapered?
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought that was it so tried again pushing my thumb well into the magazine tube…. Still doing it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:35:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boisestatefan] [#5]
Then your shell latch isn't catching the shell in the tube like it's supposed to do and allowing it to fall out onto the lifter.
Is it a Briley 2 piece shell latch?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure. Whatever comes factory on the competition model.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd either try to get benelli to fix it or try a Briley/taran extended release
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok so I pulled the magazine spring and started cutting coils to see if it was the spring. Ended up going extreme and cut 16in of and it still doing it.
I have replaced the spring with a new one.
It has to be the shell catch.
Anyone know how to tune it or fix it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like your shell latch is out of spec, or previously “tuned” ...tuned a little too much

You might be able to teak the latch a bit to get more contact on the shell rim. Take  the trigger group out and pull the back end of the latch toward the center of the receiver which in turn will put more pressure on the front end of the latch. Spring it a little at a time to avoid bending too much at once...Or just replace the shell latch

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the opposite issue, mine was way to hard to get shell past the “hump” making loading difficult.

As said above it’s an easy mod to bend the shell catch to get a perfect fit.

It’s also really easy for the spring in the shell catch to get misaligned during assembly. If it’s off center or a little sideways it could be causing your issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top