Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Aim
Posted: 1/12/2020 11:20:58 PM EDT
I'm a newbie to trap shooing so I need all the help I can get. Where do you aim? How do you aim? Any internet information out there?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#1]
with shotguns you don not aim, you just point.  keep the gun moving and pull the trigger, no "aiming" with a shotgun in clay sports.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By reelserious:
with shotguns you don not aim, you just point.  keep the gun moving and pull the trigger, no "aiming" with a shotgun in clay sports.
View Quote
Point the shotgun right at the moving target, below or above? Where should the bead be pointed at?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
you need to watch a bunch of YouTube videos.  forget about the bead it is not used.  watch a bunch  of videos, there are many.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
leading edge of the bird, focus on keeping your cheek on the stock, and not lifting your head after you fire. rock on the stock. keeping both eyes open is the next step after that
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
All good advice here.   Except none of it works for me.    Eye dominance issues for me.    I wear a lens cover on the left lens of my glasses.    
first I start low on the trap house bring the gun up so I can stack the beads.  The bead in the middle of the barrel is just below the front bead and then put the bird just above the front bead.  

I shot a 25 tonight.  my average is 22.
Aim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top