Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2019 1:37:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Most official shooting organizations prohibit a pistol-braced AR platform...doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's how it is.

There are a few less official organizations/clubs that allow a pistol-braced AR in matches....AZ is full of clubs and local matches.  What part of AZ are you moving to?

Oh, and welcome to the Colonies.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear your were able to import a few rifles...I can't imagine anything the UK allows you to own would cause any issues here in the states.

I'm not as familiar with the shooting clubs in the Tucson area....I live in the Phoenix area and there are many, many shooting opportunities here.

You can build a basic AR pistol for less than $500 if budget is a concern.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good - thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Depending on where you go pistols may not be an issue.  In the 3-gun matches I’ve had experience with pistols are gtg until someone complains about it.  99% of the time you should be fine.  Maybe bring another rifle in case.  Most people won’t complain
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depending on where you go pistols may not be an issue.  In the 3-gun matches I’ve had experience with pistols are gtg until someone complains about it.  99% of the time you should be fine.  Maybe bring another rifle in case.  Most people won’t complain
View Quote
The rules are specific, no braced pistols in a carbine match. Not that hard to follow.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The rules are specific, no braced pistols in a carbine match. Not that hard to follow.
View Quote
This. Whether its PCC or Carbine Rifle. A pistol is not a carbine. SBR it if you want to use it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#8]
An AR pistol is not going to be the most competitive in a 3-gun competition but you can have fun with one.  My son shot his 10.5" pistol in a small competition a few months ago and came in 3rd out of about 10 shooters.  He is a good pistol shooter and that is where he made up a lot of time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen it in outlaw matches before. As long as it's not a sanctioned match and the range doesn't have specific rules about it there's a good chance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Pistol braces are a no go for any USPSA matches, weather it be action or steel challenge matches.  It's in the rule books.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Great excuse to build/buy a new PCC rig tho!
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ve shot 2-gun matches with an 11.5” AR pistol with an SBA3 brace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top