Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2022 2:13:02 PM EDT
Ejector recently replaced. 2 3/4 and 3"

Racking back the shell drops a little (like the extractor has no pressure on it) and misses the ejector notch then fails to eject, SO instead it just falls into the shell ramp, another shell is released from the tube then it jams 2 shells below.

- Things Ive done:
1. replace extractor with Volquartsen
2. new extractor spring
3. bent ejector spring forward to put pressure on shell to stay inline instead of falling
- None of it has worked. Googled everything i could find but haven't found something similar.

Here is a pic, that is a spent shell I cut back to 2 3/4" TIA AFRCOM fam.

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the front of the new ejector flush against the side wall of the receiver?

Is the front rivet (that holds the ejector spring in place) peened down enough that the shell rims does not contact the rivet?

When the extractor and spring were replaced is the plunger (between the spring and extractor) back in place and moving freely?
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That ejector looks flat.... Mine has a bow in it that bellies out to hold the shell in place.

Once you get that figured out i would hone / polish your chamber. Won't help your current issue but really helps with extraction... Especially with cheap value pack aluminum shells.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you are correct. After looking at my friends wingmaster and working the acion, I see that his ejector has a ledge that will support the shell.

Im not sure what happened to mine (aftermarket) when i bought it but I ordered a new one and will have it replaced.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By maxwell0700:
Yes, you are correct. After looking at my friends wingmaster and working the acion, I see that his ejector has a ledge that will support the shell.

Im not sure what happened to mine (aftermarket) when i bought it but I ordered a new one and will have it replaced.
View Quote

Where did you find an "aftermarket" ejector? Brand?
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Ebay is the only place selling them currently. I fixed my problem now with another ebay aftermarket ejector. I cant find any other better source for them currently .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top