Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2018 11:28:23 AM EDT
with E file back online, I thought filing to SBS a stagecoach into a tiny blaster would be fun while I wait for my can. I did the whole kiosk thing and have prints with them, and I know they do form 1. Wasn't sure if it was easier to get them to mail me prints, then e file myself (since I saw you had to get them in within 10 days) or If silencer shop would do the whole thing for me.

I'm tired and lazy in my older age and would pay a premium to not have to do much work
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, lazy enough to not call them and ask...but not tired enough that you couldn't get online and post. I got it.

(But I am interested in hearing the answer...even if I'd rather file myself)
View Quote
easier to pretend to be working on the computer than it is on the phone at the moment
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I e mailed them about this yesterday and they said E file would be ready to go "in about a week."
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I e mailed them about this yesterday and they said E file would be ready to go "in about a week."
View Quote
Hundreds of credit cards just cried out in terror.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hundreds of credit cards just cried out in terror.
View Quote
Quick and easy SBR. Minimal wait time. Maybe $25 extra. Even I might do it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Yesterday they said it should be online, they are still testing and haven't made an official announcement yet.

Reddit thread with their response.

It's supposed to be turned on today. We have already run some of them through the system, but it's not public yet. I will make the announcement here when it's ready.

If you've submitted an Form 1 through us since the eForms announcement, it is currently sitting in a queue waiting to be batched electronically. If you submit one right now, it will be sent electronically when the service is ready.

We are working closely with ATF IT on this, so we will be trickling them out for a while to make sure their systems can handle it before we open the floodgates. We do more than half of the Form 1's in the country, so as you can imagine, there are a lot currently waiting to be batched and we don't want them all to get lost. They've built in a lot of features in the API where we can check status on the submissions now, so we of course have automated resubmission, but we still have to be really careful, especially considering what happened in 2014.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
UPDATE: I called and asked yesterday, they told me that yes they will be submitting E forms within a few days! They said to do the form 1 thingy online, and I also paid for a stamp while I was at it, they would take care of the rest since my info was already in the system.

They also suggested that they would be submitting things in the order they are received, so advised me to do it now so I'm ahead of anyone reading this post and ripping out their wallet right now.

DO IT!!! I've always wanted a SBS shotgun but not enough to run around like an idiot or wait forever. Was going to cut an old SxS but the wife likes it as is, so I decided to do one on my old 870. First gun I ever bought so I plan on keeping it a while. I already have a barrel and a saw, and figured it could some new furniture anyway.
$240 and the rumor is it will be back potentially before Thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
found this from them on REDDIT

It's supposed to be turned on today. We have already run some of them through the system, but it's not public yet. I will make the announcement here when it's ready.

If you've submitted an Form 1 through us since the eForms announcement, it is currently sitting in a queue waiting to be batched electronically. If you submit one right now, it will be sent electronically when the service is ready.

We are working closely with ATF IT on this, so we will be trickling them out for a while to make sure their systems can handle it before we open the floodgates. We do more than half of the Form 1's in the country, so as you can imagine, there are a lot currently waiting to be batched and we don't want them all to get lost. They've built in a lot of features in the API where we can check status on the submissions now, so we of course have automated resubmission, but we still have to be really careful, especially considering what happened in 2014.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Where would the efile F1 reside? My efile f1's sit in my efile account for printing whenever I wish, but not sure where the approved forms would reside if someone just makes an account with Silencershop rather than making an efile account of their own. Would you be able to log into SilencerShop and print out copies when needed?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where would the efile F1 reside? My efile f1's sit in my efile account for printing whenever I wish, but not sure where the approved forms would reside if someone just makes an account with Silencershop rather than making an efile account of their own. Would you be able to log into SilencerShop and print out copies when needed?
View Quote
Just need the pdf. Can back it up to cloud or wherever and print whenever you wish.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top