Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2019 5:05:47 PM EDT
I came into an old OHP mini 14, it has a wooden stock that appears to accept a military type sling since it has the cutout in the stock.  Does anyone have a pic or know where to find one?

@Miami_JBT

I borrowed this pic from your old thread.  I came into an old LEO trade in GB mini with a stock like this but no sling.  Any ideas on where to look for a sling?

Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
We don't see that stock much here in America.   It's a European design.   I wonder if an M1 carbine sling would work.

kwg
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe Oklahoma State Police Ruger Mini-14s were made in that configuration and not many others were in the US.

It looks like it requires a M1 carbine oiler to hold in the sling, I am curious if Ruger issues a sling/oiler or merely a metal pin instead of an oiler.  Ruger was never one to pack or bundle many accessories themselves.

I'd be interested to know further since this does require something semi-special to hold the sling.  One would think Ruger wouldn't offer it without it being its specialized.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
It would probably be best if you took a picture of the actual stock.  The stock in the pic is a French variation for the Mousqueton AMD.  You could also measure the oiler opening and see if an M1 carbine oiler would fit.

Typically the GB model used the AR type silent sling which is 1 1/4" wide and has 1 1/4" sling swivels as well.  The standard Mini-14 used 1" sling swivels.

This pic shows a black USGI military type sling.  You can get black ones on the internet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top