Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2018 1:53:40 PM EDT
So I've heard of urban camo and I think it was cool a few years ago, but I'm looking for what's the right way to paint up an AR pistol to hide out better in the texas suburbs? I'm not going to be trekking across uncharted wilderness, but would like to mix it up from the pile of all black guns I have in the safe currently.

I'm watching the DIY paint thread but open to other options as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Krylon makes an outstanding product. If you dont like how it turned out, Just respray it!

Ive been too much of a cerekote snob the last 2 years. Im gonna spray something this weekend just because of this. Red tiger? Maybe...
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Krylon makes an outstanding product. If you dont like how it turned out, Just respray it!

Ive been too much of a cerekote snob the last 2 years. Im gonna spray something this weekend just because of this. Red tiger? Maybe...
View Quote
@BIGSHOOTER414 I plan on doing the DIY route with Krylon. I guess I'm wondering more about what pattern or stencils should I use? laundy bag seems out of place.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Laundry bag I think looks pretty cool. The whole digital look w/ multicam is hot right now. I personally cut tape with an exacto knife using stencils off the internets. All depends what you want.

Since all you have is black, it's pretty easy. Get a can or two of FDE shades and spray away. Scar 17 is 50 shades of FDE. (3 shades) Theres literally no downside to it. Have some break cleaner and some rags to prep.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a couple of guns with professional ceracoat and a couple of beautiful blued guns as well. BUT i have spray paint and some free time so I think I might make something crazy.

is it better to paint a naked lower and then build it or just paint it when it's all done?
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a couple of guns with professional ceracoat and a couple of beautiful blued guns as well. BUT i have spray paint and some free time so I think I might make something crazy.

is it better to paint a naked lower and then build it or just paint it when it's all done?
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can't help you with spray paint.

I Cerakote my own. I spray all the parts and then assemble. When I do camo patterns I use vinyl stencils. I spray the base color, apply stencils and respray, letting it dry a little between.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I Cerakote my own. I spray all the parts and then assemble. When I do camo patterns I use vinyl stencils. I spray the base color, apply stencils and respray, letting it dry a little between.  
View Quote
@TanklessPro what kind of stencils do you use and where do you get them?
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@steviesterno16
Some may laugh, but I get mine from etsy.com, Your Graphics Lab. I think they are in Florida. Freedomstencils.com are really nice, but expensive. Sorry can't post pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top