Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 10:39:44 PM EDT
I bought it in? 2016.  I keep it in my truck for emergencies, rarely use it. When I do use it, it lasts some seconds dies. I assume its made to be used every day and not sitting around unused. So I charge it, pattern repeats.  If I went back in time to 2016, I wouldn't have bought it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Batteries are $20 online thats not normal behavior of a streamlight.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Batteries are $20 online thats not normal behavior of a streamlight.
View Quote

Really? Ok cool Ill buy one, see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had excellent luck with their CS. Have to send in a few lights over the years and they were repaired free of charge.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Yall are think the flashlight is damaged?? I thought the battery was just not holding a charge.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
My stinger that lives in my truck quit working. I bought a new battery that didn’t fix it. Bought a new charger and it still didn’t work. Sent them an email and they said something about the switch or LED module. Anyway I sent it in and they shipped it back fixed free of charge. I would send an email first.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It rides in the door of my truck, never on the charger unless its charging to try to use.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Rechargeable batteries lose their charge not being charged. I would keep it on the charger and drain it weekly so it doesn’t build a “memory”.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Also being here in Texas, excessive heat (which would most certainly be encountered within your truck) will cause batteries to lose charge over time. It'll, at the very least, shorten the life of electronics.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:47:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Also being here in Texas, excessive heat (which would most certainly be encountered within your truck) will cause batteries to lose charge over time. It'll, at the very least, shorten the life of electronics.
View Quote

truth
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

<- Can confirm. Anything with a battery is on borrowed time out here, to include the vehicle battery.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought it in? 2016.  I keep it in my truck for emergencies, rarely use it. When I do use it, it lasts some seconds dies. I assume its made to be used every day and not sitting around unused. So I charge it, pattern repeats.  If I went back in time to 2016, I wouldn't have bought it.
View Quote

You left it in your truck, in the hot Texas weather, probably fully charged oftentimes and you killed the battery.

6 years isn’t bad, to be honest.

Buy a new battery.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also…never buy lights with fixed, or proprietary batteries.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top