Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2020 11:18:45 AM EDT
whats your favorite?  Hunting, tactical etc.

I'm looking to upgrade some of my slings and have been fond of the:
Magpul
Quake for hunting

I have the Vickers Blue Force and haven't ever taken to it.

I have a classic bolt action hunting rifle I would like to put a sling on but haven't found the right one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Best hunting slings available, period:

Andy's Leather

Your choice as to whether you go Rhodesian, Ching, or CW, but all allow you to rapidly "sling up" and use the sling as God intended, not simply as a carrying strap.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!

I like a sling, I must admit I dont use them properly though...seem to always find a rest.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
USGI M-16 Nylon Silent Sling with metal buckles. The kind that slightly rough. Benefits: 1. Light Weight  2. Won't slip off your shoulder, due to the texture.  3. No or very little scent.  4. Easily washed with no problem.  5. Relatively cheap less than ten bucks. 6. Long enough to extend for over neck and shoulder carry for hands free.

Add Grovtec 1-1/4" locking swivel set you are good to go for a lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The best carrying sling I've found is the Vero Vellini.  Sticks on the shoulder and has some shock absorbtion as you walk.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]
For a bolt gun, it’s hard to beat the Brownell’s Latigo.  This is a true tight shooting sling that is leather and one hand adjustable to open and close.  You set your tight arm loop size one  time and done. Very elegant, too.

Photo below is same rifle, but different, earlier scope, showing sling opened.  Once you set the length for the arm loop, you detach the rear swivel insert your support upper arm and slide the keeper back. Very stable tight sling for three point support.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top