Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2021 11:34:22 AM EDT
I recently got my hands on a Sig MPX K with the 4.5" barrel and I'm wanting to suppress it. I definitely want it to have a quick disconnect. My FFL recommended the Silencer Co Hybrid. Does anyone have any experience with that one? What is everyone else running on this rig?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Rugged Obsidian 9/45, DA Wolfman, YHM R9 on my MPX K's and Copperhead all using tri lug mounts.  The Wolfman is the quietest followed by the Rugged cans and finally the R9.  They're all great cans and really impressed with the R9.  It's not that much louder than the others and the price is hard to beat.  I'll be picking up another when I see one in stock.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
3 Lug it.

Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3 Lug it.

Omega 9K.
View Quote

This is what I have on my MPX.
It's been good, but since I've not tried every other possible setup on it, can't say were it lands.
It is compact though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
My FFL is trying to talk me into the DA Odessa 9. I'm not sold on the fact you can adjust the length of it. I'm going to have a longer hand guard and I'm worried about the sections walking on me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the look of the Rugged Obsidian 9. I'm assuming it will fit inside a longer hand guard?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My FFL is trying to talk me into the DA Odessa 9. I'm not sold on the fact you can adjust the length of it. I'm going to have a longer hand guard and I'm worried about the sections walking on me.
View Quote

Fuuuuuuck no on a subgun
Sections walking apart aren’t the issue. It doesn’t have the volume suitable for a semi auto PCC
Wolfman would be tits on the Mpx
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use a Rugged Obsidian 9/45, DA Wolfman, YHM R9 on my MPX K's and Copperhead all using tri lug mounts.  The Wolfman is the quietest followed by the Rugged cans and finally the R9.  They're all great cans and really impressed with the R9.  It's not that much louder than the others and the price is hard to beat.  I'll be picking up another when I see one in stock.
View Quote

Can you quantify how the Obsidian 9 in K mode compares to the R9? I have an Obsidian 9 on a Stribog, I enjoy the handling of the K and was thinking an R9 might be quieter while still being pretty short because it it's bigger girth. Then I wouldn't have to dick with the piston and direct thread adapter when I want to switch it to a pistol.

The Obsidian should fit under most handguards because it's only 1-3/8" diameter. I have one and it's very satisfying on both pistol and PCC.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Two (somewhat) related questions.
Are 3 lug mounts universal? IF I got the 3 lug piston for my Osprey, can I use a non-SilencerCo 3 lug mount with it?
SilencerCo doesn't list a 13.5x1LH 3 lug adapter, all I'm finding is M16X1LH (AC2608)
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fuuuuuuck no on a subgun
Sections walking apart aren’t the issue. It doesn’t have the volume suitable for a semi auto PCC
View Quote

I have a wolfman on my 4.5 ILWT barreled mpx.  I have it mounted with a keymicro brake and the key micro adapter.

In long configuration it sounds horrid and blowback is awful (with a reduced sized gas port).  The sound is sharp and just...shit.

In the shorter config, the sharpness goes away and the tone seems to drop.  Quite frankly, the Wolfman is the worst purchase i've made (suppressor wise) as I find the can to be useless.  I have a .358 bored MG7 that sounds the same to my layman's ear and cost a whole hell of a lot less.  I personally think I would have been better off with more MG7's.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have a wolfman on my 4.5 ILWT barreled mpx.  I have it mounted with a keymicro brake and the key micro adapter.

In long configuration it sounds horrid and blowback is awful (with a reduced sized gas port).  The sound is sharp and just...shit.

In the shorter config, the sharpness goes away and the tone seems to drop.  Quite frankly, the Wolfman is the worst purchase i've made (suppressor wise) as I find the can to be useless.  I have a .358 bored MG7 that sounds the same to my layman's ear and cost a whole hell of a lot less.  I personally think I would have been better off with more MG7's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuuuuuuck no on a subgun
Sections walking apart aren't the issue. It doesn't have the volume suitable for a semi auto PCC

As a previous owner of an MPX who spent a considerable amount of money trying to suppress it, I would say it is an issue with the MPX.  
I think it is a terrible suppressor host.  
I too had the 4.5" ILWT 3 lug barrel.
I also got their 4 position gas regulator.
Still LOUD and gassy.  
I tried several types of ammo and I'm not going to resort to shooting weak crap just to have a quiet MPX.
I've been reloading with 3.7 Gr of Titegroup for over 15 years (max charge is 3.6gr).  This load is quiet even in a straight blowback 9mm M16 but is loud in the MPX with the same suppressor.

I have heard that going with a ported barrel and integral suppressor does make the MPX a quiet suppressor host.  I think that is allowing the gas to expand into the expansion chamber and less gas to go out the piston...but I was done dumping money in the MPX and decided to just dump the whole platform.   So happy I did.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like the Odessa for what it is, but I would not run it on a sub gun. I’d go Wolfman, Omega 9k, R9, Obsidian, Mod 9, one of the Sig cans, or any number of other options. To me, the whole point of the Odessa is to be a compact, modular pistol suppressor. If Dead Air had thought it was good for sub guns, they probably wouldn’t have made the Wolfman.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Can you quantify how the Obsidian 9 in K mode compares to the R9? I have an Obsidian 9 on a Stribog, I enjoy the handling of the K and was thinking an R9 might be quieter while still being pretty short because it it's bigger girth. Then I wouldn't have to dick with the piston and direct thread adapter when I want to switch it to a pistol.
View Quote

I rarely shoot my Obsidian 9’s in short but I’m looking forward to comparing it to the R9 but it won’t be for another week or so.  I have to install  a rear bumper/tire carrier on one of my rigs and a 270 degree awning on my other rig so won’t be shooting this weekend.  I’m pretty sure the R9 will be quieter though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I have CGS Mod 9 on mine now and an R9 in jail. I can't tell any real difference between them as far as sound or blowback. Both sound good to me and both have blowback on the MPX. The gun sucks to shoot suppressed indoors with every 115gr ammo I have used. I put in a Raptor charging handle and did the silicone mod to it and it helped a little but its still not much fun to shoot 115gr inside. The gun is bearable with 147gr indoors.

Outdoors I have no issues at all with gas with any load I have tried. Its weird. I would not think it would make that much difference but with this particular gun it does to me. I'll pick up some restricted gas plugs at some point just to try them but depending where you read they are either amazing or useless so I'll try for myself.

One thing is for certain in my experience and that is if you just slap a can on a stock gun and run 115gr indoors it is going to suck a lot.

Since I shoot outside most of the time now the gas issue is no longer a thing for me so I love the gun.

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Two (somewhat) related questions.
Are 3 lug mounts universal? IF I got the 3 lug piston for my Osprey, can I use a non-SilencerCo 3 lug mount with it?
SilencerCo doesn't list a 13.5x1LH 3 lug adapter, all I'm finding is M16X1LH (AC2608)
View Quote

I went with the ILWT Sig specific 3 lug adaptor. It is tapered to match up to the stupid taper that Sig put on the muzzle instead of a shoulder.

Couple thousand rounds so far with it and no issues.

https://inleadwetrust.com/product/hk-style-3-lug-suppressor-adapter/

Edit: I misread and thought you were just asking about the muzzle device and not if it would work specifically with the Osprey set up. I think it should work with the ILWT but can't say for sure. Someone here should know or call ILWT.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I went with the ILWT Sig specific 3 lug adaptor. It is tapered to match up to the stupid taper that Sig put on the muzzle instead of a shoulder.

Couple thousand rounds so far with it and no issues.

https://inleadwetrust.com/product/hk-style-3-lug-suppressor-adapter/

Edit: I misread and thought you were just asking about the muzzle device and not if it would work specifically with the Osprey set up. I think it should work with the ILWT but can't say for sure. Someone here should know or call ILWT.
View Quote

Thanks for this. I just ordered.

My ultimate plan is to run a Wolfman with the keymicro brake, but I don’t know when DA is releasing one for the MPX. Papas or one of those guys said on an IG Q&A lately that they had one in the works with 13.5 LH threads as well as the taper specific to that barrel. But no ETA.

In the meantime, I’ve got another Wolfman with the 3-lug that will work just fine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#16]
For what it's worth all three of my MPX's had shit accuracy with a triluv adapter on it.  I don't know what sig did wrong but accuracy is a softball at best at 25 yards.

I ditched my sig barrels and went with ILWT barrels with integral trilugs
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For what it's worth all three of my MPX's had shit accuracy with a triluv adapter on it.  I don't know what sig did wrong but accuracy is a softball at best at 25 yards.

I ditched my sig barrels and went with ILWT barrels with integral trilugs
View Quote

Were they the ILWT tapered adaptors?

I haven't shot groups for accuracy with mine. Just zero'ed at 25 on paper and shot a lot of steel. Never noticed any glaring accuracy issues. I'll try some groups soon to check.

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I appreciate all the feed back. Stay safe!
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I picked up a Sig SRD45. Works great.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I run an Omega 9K on my MPX-K. I shoot it outdoors on steel. I have never been bothered by excess gas or noticed any accuracy issues. I have an ILWT 3-lug mount on the 4.5” OEM barrel. I shoot subsonic 147gr ammo.

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:58:36 AM EDT
[#21]
YHM R9 or Rex Silentium MG7 K .358.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Got my extended handguard and Wolfman with the ILWT 3-lug. Hopefully DA comes out with their keymicro for this barrel soon, because I don’t love 3-lug. It’s ok and I’ve never had any issues, but that little wobble makes me nervous. Or I may just get a new barrel from ILWT. We shall see.

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#23]
@dillhole

Your Wolfman fit underneath that lancer handguard?  Interesting!
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 7:23:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Yep. We’ll see how comfortable it is when it starts heating up.
Top Top