Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2023 10:45:04 PM EDT
Long story short, I bought a rem 700  I originally bought 12 years ago and traded to a buddy (bought from same buddy)

It is 2010 vintage and I believe has the xmark trigger, not the pro and not serrated Walker trigger.

I dug the sealant out of the adjustment screws and brought the trigger pull from a full 5# to a nice 2.75-3#.
Once I test at range and ensure won't go off on its own, ie rap on floor, smack with hammer, etc, what can I seal the adjustment screws so they won't turn on their own?
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Some blue loctite will work just fine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Or some fingernail polish
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#3]
In my experience it's the sear engagement screw that comes glued. I've never adjusted engagement. Did you find it helpful or necessary?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Loctite makes a wicking Loctite (Purple?) that can be applied to a screw that's already installed and adjusted and will wick into the threads and hold it.
It's a low strength that is easy to move if needed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine broke right in half at the adjustment
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: craig24680] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ProfessorFalken:
In my experience it's the sear engagement screw that comes glued. I've never adjusted engagement. Did you find it helpful or necessary?
View Quote

I should have researched which is which lol

I tried the sear engagement first and didn't really notice. (one on back of trigger)
Once I got to the trigger spring did the magic occur. (one on front of trigger)

ETA I was wrong, the sear engagement screw is in there really tight and won't budge even before, sorry
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#7]
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
Loctite makes a wicking Loctite (Purple?) that can be applied to a screw that's already installed and adjusted and will wick into the threads and hold it.
It's a low strength that is easy to move if needed.
View Quote

Green.
Loctite 290

Don’t use too much of it or it will wick right up into the trigger lock work.  Apply a drop to the point of a nail or pin head and use that to apply it.

Blue loctite isn’t wicking grade and wicking with it is hit or miss. Green is the best stuff to either lock in a preset thread (you don’t want to disassemble) or torque something with clean dry threads then lock it in after.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By OG1:
Some blue loctite will work just fine.

I'll see what fingernail polish the wife has or order some loctite blue

Either way this is temp until a "real" trigger is bought. Just a range gun so if it goes off when chambering it'll always be pointed downrange on HOT line
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Millennial:

Green.
Loctite 290

Don’t use too much of it or it will wick right up into the trigger lock work.  Apply a drop to the point of a nail or pin head and use that to apply it.

Blue loctite isn’t wicking grade and wicking with it is hit or miss. Green is the best stuff to either lock in a preset thread (you don’t want to disassemble) or torque something with clean dry threads then lock it in after.
View Quote

Yes, its green that wicks. Purple is non-wicking, extra low strength, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]
VibraTite
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top