Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 9:02:12 AM EDT
got a bunch of reloaded 410's years ago, forgot about them till yesterday when i needed to reload
the stock bandolier on my single shot snake gun; have a mix of paper & plastic hulls, high & low brass.

alot of them wont chamber; i know the paper probably won't do good getting resized, but would it
be worth it to try & resize the plastic hulls? most are #9 shot. & it's mostly the brass base that won't
chamber.

thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you are thinking of resizing the hulls, that indicates you have the machinery to reload .410 shells. I would break down the components to salvage the lead, possibly the wads if identifiable, and sort the hulls into brand. Toss the powder, and start over with known data.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#3]
makes me wonder if I could size some to fit my 444
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
need something like this https://www.mecoutdoors.com/super-sizer

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea, it depends....

Does your press size the brass base?   I remember the old lee ones you had the “option” to use their steel sizer ring or not.  

Does your press have a final shell taper with or after the final crimp?  

Might need both sizing adjusted base and hull.

If they look knobby you likely need the size the hull and hope it doesn’t spring out.

I hate dealing with mix master hulls or brass batches.  Crappy reloading practice in general.  just my opinion.   No standard to work from.

Shoot them off in some POS snake charmer or H&R.  

If you have problems with the hull in paper rub them with beeswax.  Lubes them through the die and adds water resistance and slick feeding.  Old federal shells used to leave my hands waxy shooting skeet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I've used a supersizer to resize loaded 28 ga.  My 28 ga 686 has tighter chambers than my skeet gun, I have to resize them or they won't chamber.

As above though - I'd worry more about what these things are before just shooting some old reloads you know nothing about.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top