Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2021 6:14:19 PM EDT
So i've heard of people removing the FA on their virtus and replacing it with the FA delete, but could i remove the FA delete on my rattler and replace it with a functional forward assist?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't see why not. It should be interchangeable.

Quick search shows this dude did it.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I need one if anyone has one
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes it can be done, I've done it and worked as it should.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, Sig sells them on their site. The Rattler not coming with a forward assist is frankly a detractor.

All MCX rifles should have a forward assist. They are absolutely necessary in my book. I put one on my Rattler too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny, I just bought the delete for my MCX.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would you remove something that's actually useful?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't see why not. It should be interchangeable.

Quick search shows this dude did it.

View Quote

Yea that's my rifle and as others have said it is possible. Here is mine after I changed out the optic.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Has-anyone-ever-used-the-forward-assist-/4-748300/?page=1
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Why-the-forward-assist-isn-t-useless/118-725466/
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Forward-Assist-have-you-ever-used-it-/118-742178/

This particular build is an MCX with a 6.75" barrel.  it goes in a backpack sometimes.  Thinner, snag free is more better for this specific application.  if i were carrying it exposed getting in and out of a helicopter in the desert with sand blowing around, maybe i would leave it on.  if i were hunting with it and needed super quiet round chambering, maybe i would leave it on.  
for some reason i can't type a capital i without my mac shifting into italics right now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#10]
My rattler goes in a backpack or duffle all the time and the forward assist does not get in the way. The pistol grip and optic are more likely to snag than anything.

Those threads are funny too. All this fervor to remove something that is functionally valuable. And so many arguments from people who clearly have never even used the FA to remediate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top