Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2022 10:42:22 AM EDT
Anyone do "custom" threading for plan b muzzle devices? I'm going to need one M18x1 for a sako trg.

I asked Rearden, but no dice. SDTA will do a custom direct thread rear adapter, but dedicating a can to 1 rifle would be my last resort.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
You can also walk into any machine shop and ask them to bore and re-thread your mount. Bringing the barrel w/ you is a good idea. Any machinist will want to verify fitment before removing the part from the lathe.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]
18mm threads are really pushing it for a Cherry Bomb pattern MD.  M18x1 6H DMaj median is .714, the diameter at the front of the taper is .785.  You'd really want to terminate the threads before the taper, which might make the depth too short for your host.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top