Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2018 11:37:46 AM EDT
I am having trouble finding a reliable cam retaining pin.  The ones I buy are too "open."  See pic below.  Or, suggestions on how to close this a bit.  I cannot reliably fit this into the bolt carrier.  Open to suggestions if I am doing this wrong.  I insert sideways (the open ends toward the front and rear of the carrier.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells sells the old-style one piece firing pin retaining pin.

I have the same issue with damaged pins from unshrouded firing pin type carriers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
any other thoughts ?
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
any other thoughts ?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I only buy the Colt retaining pins, but sometimes they are more spread apart and sometimes they aren't.

I've never had any issues installing them into the carrier, and I always install them with a twisting motion FWIW.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always install them with a twisting motion FWIW.
View Quote
That's what she keeps asking me to do, but I am not a yoga master.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's what she keeps asking me to do, but I am not a yoga master.  
View Quote
Yeah, it's to hard to do that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
When I have a pin like that I just use a pick tool to assist with the install by compressing from the rear of the BCG. When trying this method make sure to place the strait leg of the pin towards the front of the carrier.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When I have a pin like that I just use a pick tool to assist with the install by compressing from the rear of the BCG. When trying this method make sure to place the strait leg of the pin towards the front of the carrier.
View Quote
That actually sounds like a good suggestion.

I have found that with some, if I insert horizontally, it just works.  The next one I try, and it opens up during the "passage" and does not make it together.  I was thinking of some needle nose pliers to keep together, but I like your suggestion.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top