Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2024 6:19:27 PM EDT
Let me start off saying I know there are much better thermals.  But after getting back from SHOT... this one seems to be a very solid entry level unit.  I just don't know much about this topic but I've been interested in it and NV for a while.

I still think the holosun "thermal" was the biggest let down for me.  It was just dark green vs light green.  Anywho, yes..no.  maybe..on the wraith.  Or should I save the $ and put it towards something else?  **like the fusion thermal avenger**
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one a year or two ago.  It works reasonably well.  The key is to get a good IR illuminator.  The one it comes with is trash.  I bought a Sniper Hog and can see reasonably well.  I retired it when I bought a Nox 18 thermal, but it's obviously a lot more expensive.  

Serious NV work?  Nope.  Want to drill that damn coyote who won't poke his head out during the day?  Yep.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey buddy uses one and I thought it was okay for the price. He paid $350. We use a fox pro spotlight using IR for coyotes and I would probably say the max of being able to know it's a coyote it's 200 yards. For something in the budget range I think it's pretty decent.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats kinda where I'm at.  Identify varmints out to about 200 yards.  I know digital zoom just gets more and more pixelated the more you zoom, but again, for what it is, it looked pretty solid while looking through it at shot.  I truely with the holoson was better...but imo,  anything past 100 yards its not great.  And up close it was...again..just ok.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
This is why I bought the ares palladin, years ago. I knew it wasn't great NV, but with a good illuminator those yotes stood no chance. I'd love to get me some thermal, but more pressing things to spend $$ on these days
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#5]
OP, which Wraith model are you talking about?  

The Wraith model I thought you were talking about is the $2K Wraith Mini thermal.

This one:  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102610750?pid=705793

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini 2-16x32 Night Vision Scope - SM18041

https://sightmark.com/products/sightmark-wraith-4k-mini-2-16x32-digital-riflescope
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#7]
https://palmettostatearmory.com/sightmark-wraith-4k-mini-2-16x32-night-vision-scope-sm18041.html

PSA has it for $449
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
The $300-500 Wraiths are digital night vision usually highly dependent on an IR illuminator. They work but it's not thermal. They have an actual thermal released but its approaching 1k and there are a few other options a little over 1k out there as well. These things do work and will get you in the night shooting game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top