You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 1/7/2024 6:48:37 PM EDT
What type of handguard are you?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By battlemidget:
What type of handguard are you?
View Quote

Depends on the firearm. On an AR I like aluminum, on something like an x95 I like polymer, on an AK I like wood.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:22:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I like aluminum with plastic rail covers. I can mount my shit and not grill my hands in the process.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
With the AR for the most part I prefer standard plastic handguards, but if rails are needed than fixed picatinny aluminum is the best option to me... None of that M-LOK stuff.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
For an AR, aluminum Picatinny or MLOK rail- I like them both.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 2:13:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Impossible to answer.  Handguard design, construction, materials vary based in the type of eeapon.

If you are referring to AR type semiauto rifles, make that clear.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Like another poster said, it depends on the application. Just on my ARs I have many different types of handguards including lengths and materials.

I tend to like the plastic handguards on the retro replicas best, just because those guns are light overall.

I don't necessarily think they are the best performing. From a few experiments I have done over the years I think free float systems lend themselves better to accuracy, but I am not looking for that kind of accuracy unless I am shooting at something small like prairie poodles. That's among the reasons my varmint AR has a free float aluminum handguard and heavy barrel.

Like another poster above said, I prefer wood on AKs, but I think in that case it is mostly because I am a traditionalist.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
If I buy a complete upper it’s usually the ones with the plastic hand guards as I really like the MOE. When I build its always the metal as it a whole lot easier that mouthing that delta ring and timing the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoomBoom:
If I buy a complete upper it’s usually the ones with the plastic hand guards as I really like the MOE. When I build its always the metal as it a whole lot easier that mouthing that delta ring and timing the barrel nut.
View Quote

It really is becoming a lost art to most. Even back when timed GI barrel nuts were the main thing most people still really didn't get it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#10]
That depends on what the rifle is going to be used for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top