Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2020 1:03:25 PM EDT
I just bought the last virtus 9" cal x kit in 5.56 off of midwestgunworks. I didn't even know these existed. I think I remember seeing legacy 9" 5.56 rifles at one point but never a virtus. Anyone have range time with this setup? I will do a range report when the barrel arrives. But if anybody has one speak up please as there is zero info on the web.

First posted this on sig talk with no luck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Super cool. I must know more. I wonder if they were made as replacements for the Cabelas 9" combo guns. No clue though.

There's so many neat one off MCX parts that it's hard to collect them all, but I'll try.

Bonus points if you put it in one of those Legacy uppers without extra vents and then toss a transitional 8" handguard on it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bonus points if you put it in one of those Legacy uppers without extra vents and then toss a transitional 8" handguard on it.
View Quote

I wish i had one of those. But rn can't decide if its going in the virtus or legacy receiver. I was thinking of not shooting it and maybe selling, but im almost 99% sure I can't not shoot it. Barrel should arrive Friday and hopefully i'll be on the range saturday.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
There is/was one (the handguard) on the MCX FB owner's group.

Be prepared for $2k rifles with shitty Chinese accessories on there though. There's some good guys on there though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
The barrel arrived. It's definitely not a virtus and not compatible with a virtus bolt . The cal x kit also did not include a bolt lug even though the description said it would come with a tapered one. I emailed midwest but im not too concerned as I have the tapered and non tapered bolts. Fits perfectly in my legacy though and gas port lines up. So i guess midwestgunworks just didn't know what they had. Also I found in the description that this barrel must be suppressed to function, thought that was interesting.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Their stuff is mislabeled regularly.  The Virtus handguards are all listed as Gen 1 MCX version.  You just have to be an educated buyer by sight to tell what you're getting from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top