Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2022 12:10:59 AM EDT
Want to shoot an Appleseed this summer with my son, we are in NY, so limited to 10 round magazines. Would like something a little easier to handle than standard 10 rounders - what other options are there?

I saw some Butler Creek hot lips on Ebay, but they wanted $100 or more? A little steep for me. And I heard the plastic lips sucked from Butler Creek.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Glue a block of wood to the bottom of the stock mags. How elaborate you make them is up to you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:03:55 AM EDT
[#2]
what about the ruger trimag adapter?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what about the ruger trimag adapter?
View Quote

+1.  I have two.  I like them more than the factory 25rd mags.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#6]
be sure to number the magazines... as commented above, I epoxied a small block of hardwood in the base recess... drill and tap the mag catch release for a short hex head cap screw... makes mag changes a lot easier from cramped positions
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 6 butlercreek hot lip mags.
They all work.

Make sure you take a dowel or pencil,lube with dry lube and work the mag a bit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Get yourself the bi-mag or tri-mag adapter, the bi-mag is my favorite because it handles and looks better. It literally just attaches 2 factory mags bottom to bottom so you can flip it over and fire away.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have few tandemkross base pads on ruger 10/22 mags.  I also have butler creek steel lips 10rd stick mags.  I haven't had any problems with this mags.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018783136?pid=861947
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got a pair of Tandemkross extended basepads you can have.
They just got in the way on a walking around rifle.

PM me if you want them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the suggestions so far - I cannot seems to find any 10 round steel lips from Butler Creek online - going to look into some of the other options.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Just as important. Find 1-2 magazines that drop free when the release is pushed.

You can’t waste time trying to pull out a stuck magazine. Some drop free better than others.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just as important. Find 1-2 magazines that drop free when the release is pushed.

You can’t waste time trying to pull out a stuck magazine. Some drop free better than others.
View Quote

Wait, there’s 10/22 mags that drop free?

I only have 10rd flush fits. Only a couple of them argue with me, but I don’t think any of them drop free like you’d expect from an autopistol or AR. All Ruger factory, except the one TC (with BHO).

Always figured that’s how it was designed. Probably an odd maneuver to do in the prone with a loop sling fixed though. I hit the release with my strong thumb and use trigger finger to pull the mag out. Surely with a couple minutes of practice you could do this with a fresh mag in your hand already.

Couldn’t really tell you though. I only use mine for plinking and small game, so never hurried a reload, pretty much always do a tactical-reload after a few shots when out in the field, so I don’t even work the bolt. Seldom fire more than 10 total rounds a day at small game.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been perfectly happen with standard mags at applsd.
Do you have the extended mag release?
I hit the mag release and they drop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top