Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2023 4:36:46 PM EDT
looking for input on if spending the extra $300 on the rugged katanas are worth it over the regular units.

Does anyone have any good info besides more durable due to being aluminum?

Thanks

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#3]
those look nice.  thanks for the input much appericated
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:14:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
Just started receiving Katana R housings.

We will be switching to all Katana R housings for Katana orders.

A slight difference in price for a helluva lot more IMO.
View Quote

That's pretty darned telling.

What an awesome offering.

Nocturn Industries is killing it!
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By whiteryno:
looking for input on if spending the extra $300 on the rugged katanas are worth it over the regular units.

Does anyone have any good info besides more durable due to being aluminum?

Thanks

View Quote

Did you purchase one?  I'm ordering duals this week and katanas are on the short list
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Came in thinking this was going to be a sport bike thread. Am disappoint
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:01:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lowdown3] [#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

Did you purchase one?  I'm ordering duals this week and katanas are on the short list
View Quote

Yes I did they are an awesome housing.  Very happy with them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
How would the Katana-R compare to the ARNVG? Seems to me like you spend a little less and get slightly lighter weight and IPD stops in exchange for an illuminator? Anything else specific to consider?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Awesome. I ended up ordering from JRH. It was great being able to actually talk to someone before making the order, I'm really happy with that experience.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Awesome. I ended up ordering from JRH. It was great being able to actually talk to someone before making the order, I'm really happy with that experience.
View Quote

Please be sure to post a review once you have them in hand.

I've been kicking around the idea of taking the OMNI7 PVS-14 I have and having that tube and a near-matching tube put into a set of Katanas for my wife. With the push button and no onboard IR illuminator to mess with they seem like a robust, but very simple/intuitive, bino solution for someone who doesn't have a ton of time playing with NVGs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I've been kicking around the idea of taking the OMNI7 PVS-14 I have and having that tube and a near-matching tube put into a set of Katanas for my wife. With the push button and no onboard IR illuminator to mess with they seem like a robust, but very simple/intuitive, bino solution for someone who doesn't have a ton of time playing with NVGs.
View All Quotes

Will do, itll be about a month.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Bump to keep the archive out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Do it!  The katanas are such a nice simple housing.  my wife has me get em out at least once a week so she can star gaze.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:42:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AbleArcher] [#16]
So first of all I'm going to say I'm going to start a different thread with a different review and that will become apparent why in a little bit.

I have dealt with a lot of different nightvision companies through the years from the biggest player in the game to quite a few small companies. Hands down JRH gives the best customer care I've seen across a lot of industries. Placing the initial order we started the conversation over email then both figured out a phone call would be easier and there was no hurdle to that. Communication on what was going on with the katanas from the manufacturer was constant and I never asked for an update, I had them in my inbox.

I was on a bit of a time crunch and JRH knew this. It was looking like the Katanas weren't going to be able to arrive in time so they worked with me on a solution to be able to get ARNVGs:

Attachment Attached File

Everything arrived quickly, again the communication left nothing in doubt and I felt taken care of through the entire process. I don't think I've ever been this happy after a purchase of this magnitude, normally a little of buyers regret starts to creep in. But the way I was taken care of I couldn't be happier. Definitely my go to place of business from this point forward.

As I get more time on the ARNVGs I will get a thread going about those and have a discussion there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top