Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2018 8:17:12 AM EDT
Hey all,
I have a chance to buy this benchmade butterfly for a price that is to good to be true. The only thing I know about benchmade knives is I don't know anything. can anyone tell if this is a fake?
thanks for looking

Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
A quick search reveals a comparison video on youtube between a real BM Balisong and a fake one. There is usually one big red flag with the fakes that you can learn about by reading through threads on various websites under said google search.

ETA: The google search also reveals 0 images of a knife with that machining on the handle. Add in the fact that the handle looks extremely rough if not completely unfinished and I'd say it's as fake as they come.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#2]
The blade side spacer pin looks real iffy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I was guessing it was a fake too.
Thanks all
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Logo is wrong and fit and finish is so substandard it's laughable.

It's so bad I'm not sure you could call it a fake
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a fake.  Benchmade logo is off, blade profile is wrong, handles are wrong.  Looks like the $5 junk I see at the flea market.

There are some fakes of the 42 that are very well done.  Always buy from a reputable source.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Every Benchmade I have also says the steel type.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a big Benchmade Balisong fan. I've never seen those handles before.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#9]
100% fake.
I collect balisongs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#10]
100% a fake.  I have many Benchmade Balisongs and none of them are offered with a blade with a blood grove, the handle pattern was never offered like pictured (large and small holes never seen together in that pattern), and the handles for their model 42s are rounded and not flat.

I would report that guy on whatever forum or sale site he is on.  That is a terrible fake and some poor unsuspecting buyer may spend good money for that.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top