Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2019 2:48:40 PM EDT
I just got back from my local FFL, and it was a different experience than what I was expecting. I've only ever done a form 4 through silencer shop before, and all my form 1's are E-filed. anyways i brought him my passport photos and fingerprint cards, however he told me to fill out the transferee questions even though I'm submitting as a trust, but no RP questionnaire. He also had me sign some form I've never seen before that he said was for registering the trust, even though I've filed many. I just don't want it messed up as it'll extend the already insane wait time. Can anyone key in on what the process for the form 4 SHOULD be? From what I understand it should be the form 4, RP questionnaire w/ fingerprints and pic and a copy of my trust.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just got back from my local FFL, and it was a different experience than what I was expecting. I've only ever done a form 4 through silencer shop before, and all my form 1's are E-filed. anyways i brought him my passport photos and fingerprint cards, however he told me to fill out the transferee questions even though I'm submitting as a trust, but no RP questionnaire. He also had me sign some form I've never seen before that he said was for registering the trust, even though I've filed many. I just don't want it messed up as it'll extend the already insane wait time. Can anyone key in on what the process for the form 4 SHOULD be? From what I understand it should be the form 4, RP questionnaire w/ fingerprints and pic and a copy of my trust.
View Quote
On my first F4 to a trust, my dealer had me fill out a standard F4, and no RPQ.  When the examiner got to mine, she contacted the dealer, and had me email them a completed RPQ.  It added a week or so to my approval timeline, but didn't otherwise mess anything up.

If you call them, you may be able to get the RPQ in their hands and into your folder before it hits the examiner's desk, and save you that notification/response time.

My current dealer wanted two passport photos, on the F4 copies (like an individual transfer), and was even sending transfers to the ATL PO BOX until I pointed out the change to him last week.  I had to show him in the F4 instructions where it stated that a non-individual transfer didn't get photos, and the ATF website where the mailing address change notice was posted.

It pays to try to understand the paperwork and process for yourself.  Your dealer may not be as current-savvy as he thinks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top