Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2021 8:34:57 PM EDT
Picked it up as a project rifle,  it was missing the carrier and few screws.  Rifle itself wasn't bad at all.  So I was able to purchase a pre 64 carrier, put it all back together and the carrier isn't moving on its own, its dead.  I manually can move it up and down, the carrier spring has plenty tension/force.  So my thought is the nub where the carrier contacts the spring, possibly is worn to the point it wont lift up any more, when I cycle the lever there's barely any lift to it.   Ive taken it apart half a dozen looking for anything wrong, don't see anything wrong.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I looked at that carrier spring, the arm is worn pretty well.  That’s my best guess to why that carrier won’t lift up.  Problem is some hillbilly stripped the screw, so I’m going to wait until another carrier and screw comes in and then run an extractor to get it out.
Till then it’s soaking in kroil.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Homestead is whom I've used in the past for my pre 63 model 94.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Homestead is whom I've used in the past for my pre 64 model 94.
View Quote

Thanks, I bought from them before, fingers crossed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top