Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2018 6:00:15 PM EDT
dont know if there is one floating around.

Would love to use it vs hand write it all
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
dont know if there is one floating around.

Would love to use it vs hand write it all
View Quote
Here is a link to the one on the CJIS.gov website listed as the FBI FD258 Print card in .pdf format, you would have to print it in blue I believe, then re-print your information in black once the information is entered.

FBI FD258 Fingerprint Card

You will have to use the text tool in Acrobat to enter your information or convert to a image and use an image editor text tool to put the information in the required areas.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here is a link to the one on the CJIS.gov website listed as the FBI FD258 Print card in .pdf format, you would have to print it in blue I believe, then re-print your information in black once the information is entered.

FBI FD258 Fingerprint Card

You will have to use the text tool in Acrobat to enter your information or convert to a image and use an image editor text tool to put the information in the required areas.
View Quote
yeah I already have a bunch of the cards, maybe I cna use this for the spacing and put in text boxes
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yeah I already have a bunch of the cards, maybe I cna use this for the spacing and put in text boxes
View Quote
You should be able to scale them to the right size and set your printer up to print in the correct areas, that is not difficult at all.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I used an old typewriter I found at work for my first couple sets of print cards. It came out looking very professional; however, it was more of a hassle than it’s worth.  I’ve handwritten all of them since then.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
that is not difficult at all.
View Quote
have you done it before?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
This might help: https://www.pdfrun.com/project/editor/180#start_part

You need the (paid-for) standard or Pro version of Acrobat to add form fields. I think the free Acrobat reader will let you add text, but not save it (or something equally silly). There are other free PDF editors out there however.

This one only has about a quarter of the fields fillable: https://authorizationforms.com/wp-content/uploads/FBI-Fingerprint-Form-FD-258.pdf
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#7]
The ATF will MAIL you real FD-258 fingerprint cards with the ATF ORI already filled out for FREE. Takes about 4-5 days to show up... just add your own inkpad, fingers & 2x2 photo and you’ll be ready to lick the man’s boots, too!

No reason you can't slip one in a typewriter or cardstock-capable printer and get clean fingerprint cards. Not sure why typing it out is superior to handwriting... they don't return t with approved paperwork so who cares how neatly the letters are typewritten.

This little bundle of joy showed up earlier this week:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:37:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

have you done it before?
View Quote
Yes,

I fill my cards in with my printer and have been for quite a while now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The ATF will MAIL you real FD-258 fingerprint cards with the ATF ORI already filled out for FREE.
View Quote
thats what I have, I just dont want to hand write all the cards.

I have a bunch to do and I used to get them scanned/printed but the cops here dont have that capability
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
You can scan them yourself, and reproduce the whole complete card. Just edit out everything that's already on a blank one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can scan them yourself, and reproduce the whole complete card. Just edit out everything that's already on a blank one.
View Quote
I already have the cards, and dont want to buy printer paper or waste blue ink

I scanned a old card, used that as a background, inserted text boxes over the areas I needed to fill in, and then cut the text boxes to a blank piece of paper.

I also copied all the prints, now I just can print/sign when needed

took about 30 minutes, but it will save time on the end
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like you basically did what I was referring to.
You wouldn't need any blue ink, since the lines are already on an incomplete card.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds like you basically did what I was referring to
View Quote
Not at all
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Then I guess I don't understand what you did.

I can take the cards I receive from ATF, stick them in my printer, and print out finished cards that I simply write the date on. Then they're ready to mail with the packet.
Is that what you ended up being able to do?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:48:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Really, this is not complicated folks, in fact you really don't even need to be computer savvy to do it...

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The ATF will MAIL you real FD-258 fingerprint cards with the ATF ORI already filled out for FREE. Takes about 4-5 days to show up... just add your own inkpad, fingers & 2x2 photo and you'll be ready to lick the man's boots, too!

No reason you can't slip one in a typewriter or cardstock-capable printer and get clean fingerprint cards. Not sure why typing it out is superior to handwriting... they don't return t with approved paperwork so who cares how neatly the letters are typewritten.

This little bundle of joy showed up earlier this week:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/C330B5CB-D6A7-42FB-9A49-C30D30D02B1E_jpeg-732791.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132797/0EA1AFAA-0131-4426-968E-31EA613C312F_jpeg-732792.JPGi
View Quote
Is there a link to get said fingerprint cards for free?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes. Click Me

Check the box for Fingerprint Cards and choose FD-258LE from the dropdown.
View Quote
Thanks. I haven't done any NFA since 41F went live, so I need to get caught up on the what to do :D
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top