Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2018 9:42:52 PM EDT
anyone know if either of the dead air keymo will work with an SD tactical tube?

I've got a line on them and the muzzle devices for cheap and have been looking into possibly using them in a future build
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
anyone know if either of the dead air keymo will work with an SD tactical tube?

I've got a line on them and the muzzle devices for cheap and have been looking into possibly using them in a future build
View Quote
The keymo has a different thread than the 20tpi. I can make an adapter that.to fit. Email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
If an adapter from Rusty isn't attractive there is also Diversified Machine's ASR tube. Rusty could probably bore and thread a custom version of that as well. With Key Mo, Griffin Tapermounts, and now this:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Q-teasing-new-lightweight-Silencerco-Omega-mount-using-Cherry-Bomb/20-490889/&page=1&anc=4979602#i4979602

There are lots of great options for mounts for Form 1 builds.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If an adapter from Rusty isn't attractive there is also Diversified Machine's ASR tube. Rusty could probably bore and thread a custom version of that as well. With Key Mo, Griffin Tapermounts, and now this:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Q-teasing-new-lightweight-Silencerco-Omega-mount-using-Cherry-Bomb/20-490889/&page=1&anc=4979602#i4979602

There are lots of great options for mounts for Form 1 builds.
View Quote
I also can provide a tube with ASR threads at both ends or asr and 20 tpi or 24 at the other end.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a diversified machine asr tube with the kymo adapter. No issues so far. I did buy an adjustable spanner wrench to tighten and loosen it as needed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I use a diversified machine asr tube with the kymo adapter. No issues so far. I did buy an adjustable spanner wrench to tighten and loosen it as needed.
View Quote
Which KeyMo adapter did you use to go with the DM ASR tube? The Keymo Omega adapter is that right?
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which KeyMo adapter did you use to go with the DM ASR tube? The Keymo Omega adapter is that right?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmm, so, you can make a MAAD adapter as well? if so, incoming message!
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Not to derail the thread, but a SDTA compatible flash hider to bring a 13.7" barrel to 16" is something that's been eluding me. It's getting to the point that I'm willing to shell out the cash to buy a Dead Air S just so I can use their flash hider!
Anyone know of anyone that sells a 2.75" long FH that will work with the SDTA thread pitch?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top