Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2023 3:00:58 PM EDT
Supressor da siera 5

brl 10.5 faxon ultra light

It runs as is just over gassed.

i have a lot of 10.5 guns  just kinda looking to adjust one and see if it can still be super reliable in the cold / dirty hunting conditions

I always see superlative mentioned as a good agb seen a little on the brt gas tube  just wondering what people prefer.  

The simplicity of installing the brt gas tube on an already built gun is appealing....

I'm open to other kinds of agb etc just interested in what people are having good success with.

Link Posted: 10/3/2023 6:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#1]
brt
let them pick the port size. spec out mil spec spring and h2/3 buffer (as you should already have in there).. you can always drop down to a carbine buffer if needed. be real on all the drop down options, BRT knows what they are doing.

I dont like AGB's. rather get the gun gassed correct from the get go for the use/application and then swap buffers from there. thats my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 9:16:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nobody69s] [#2]
After years of messing with AR gas systems, I've settled on just having it run suppressed and unsuppressed for reliability.
Had Superlative AGB's, MicroMOA Govnah's, BRT tubes and I think out of all those the MicroMOA's are the best but are still leaky.
But if you're running 100% suppressed BRT tubes are the way to go to tone down the gas or if your gun is just overgassed to begin with.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have around 100 rounds through a BCM 11.5 with a BRT tube. I let them select after me selecting 50/50 brass cased 5.56 and .223.

They sent a 0.071 tube, which as I am told equates to a 0.069 barrel gas port.

This seems to have really tuned down the felt recoil. I am planning on testing with a Sandman S next week.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a few BRT tubes. They certainly don't give them away, but they do work. Get the configurable one. Tell them your set up and ammo. Then you can always go up or down a buffer weight to dial things in a bit more if you need to. I've done the AGB thing and it's nice to be able to dial it in, but you're adding more complexity and potential failure points. The BRT tubes are pretty much foolproof. You just slap it in and go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top