Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2018 6:21:42 PM EDT
Will be a cutdown CZ 527
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
What, exactly, is your question?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
is there a DIY can that lends itself to a pin and weld application?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty simple job if you have a tig welder and mill/drill press at home. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or send me a PM.

1. drill 3/32" hole in muzzle device (I use a carbide 4-flute end mill)
2. install muzzle device (shim accordingly)
3. drill into the threads
4. insert pin (I use a 316 stainless pin) and trim to length if necessary
5. degrease and fuse it to the muzzle device

Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to pin the suppressor to the barrel. Saves me a stamp for a dedicated host.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want to pin the suppressor to the barrel. Saves me a stamp for a dedicated host.
View Quote
Sorry, can't help you there
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:31:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
It would be easy to request from DM. You’ll just request the mount end to have a 1/2”/28 x.6” nubbin so you can thread it on and pin/weld. The problem you’ll run into is that it’ll need to be a solid suppressor to meet length requirements to make a rifle length barrel so you’ll have to weld the caps to the tube or your baffles together.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It would be easy to request from DM. You’ll just request the mount end to have a 1/2”/28 x.6” nubbin so you can thread it on and pin/weld. The problem you’ll run into is that it’ll need to be a solid suppressor to meet length requirements to make a rifle length barrel so you’ll have to weld the caps to the tube or your baffles together.
View Quote
I would think as long as the threaded adapter is welded to the barrel, and the tube is welded to that, it would be fine to keep the end cap and baffles detachable for cleaning.

So long as it meets 16” with just the tube.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, you can leave the distal cap threaded and just weld the rear cap, to tube and barrel.
Baffles can still slide out the front.

You can have a custom rear cap made. With the "nubbin" as described above.
Or, you could get a rear cap with larger thread pitch than your barrel and use an adapter as the interface. One more weld, but no big deal, really.

Quality machined parts should lend faith that concentricity will remain.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I would think as long as the threaded adapter is welded to the barrel, and the tube is welded to that, it would be fine to keep the end cap and baffles detachable for cleaning.

So long as it meets 16” with just the tube.
View Quote
That’s true.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can buy this already done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top