Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2021 1:34:20 PM EDT
The 762 MINI2 and the 556 RC2 SOCOM suppressors are pretty similar in size and weight.  I am curious if anyone has both and has shot 5.56mm rifle with both, and/or measured results.  I think I read where the MINI2 had some improved baffle design.  I would assume you would get a slightly quieter can due to the smaller aperture on the 556 RC, but perhaps better (less) back pressure with the 762 MINI2.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had hands on with both (not mine) and that sounds about right.  However the "quieter" part needs an asterisk that it's for a bystander; more backpressure means louder to the shooter, so it may be hard to tell a difference between them when behind them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a 762-Mini2. The only other SF can I can personally compare it to is a 1st gen 556RC. Shooting 5.56, the difference in sound between the two was negligible, more of a tonal difference with the 762 being much lower.

ETA: this video is actually very applicable to your question OP.

https://youtu.be/H9p2J-SmyKs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top