Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2018 11:36:09 AM EDT
trying to make my SBR shorter and more easily moved around and I'm wondering if anyone has a set up like what I mentioned? I already have the law on it, but don't like how wide it is folded or that I can't fire it folded. I don't like PDW stocks and have tried a few already.

anyone done something like I have mentioned? or am I better off pulling the folder off since it adds length?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my SBR.

Not sure I have any pictures of it folded.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one on my SBR.

Not sure I have any pictures of it folded.
View Quote
@SuperMoose do you like it? I'm not sure I want the added length with the short stock, but I haven't played with one of the ultra compacts for more than about 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I had that for a while. The length was good but it made it way too thick when folded. I replaced it with a thin fixed stock. I’m thinking about building up a new gun just because I have the LW stock laying around. I really like the stock, just not in the folded application.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:09:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

do you like it? I'm not sure I want the added length with the short stock, but I haven't played with one of the ultra compacts for more than about 5 minutes.
View Quote
@steviesterno16 I'm a big fan of the stock itself. I'll be honest, I never fold it. I'm probably going to take the folding adapter off at some point (just because I don't use it).

But if we're talking about compactness of the stock itself vs. the PDW variations on the market that I've played with....the UCIW is great.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my Law folder with the MFT minimalist stock, it's a bit thick but not too bad.

The MVB Arc stock is by far the best PDW stock on the market.  Super rugged and uses standard BCG.

That being said you may want to look at the Dead Foot Arms folding stock adapter.  They have options that fold to either side and the best part is that you can fire while folded.  They also offer a pistol version which is just their extremely short buffer tube if you don't care about a stock and want short as possible in an AR platform.

https://deadfootarms.com/
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's some pics of my SBR with the dead foot arms folder and the LWRCUC stock,  I can shoot it folded and with the stock on the tightest setting its about the same as a CTR 2 clicks out, which is just where I want to be.  Its still usable wearing plates, but I'm tempted to the the DFA stock to get in a bit closer.

unfolded with can
unfolded with can
folded with can
folded no can
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's some pics of my SBR with the dead foot arms folder and the LWRCUC stock,  I can shoot it folded and with the stock on the tightest setting its about the same as a CRT 2 clicks out, which is just where I want to be.  Its still usable wearing plates, but I'm tempted to the the DFA stock to get in a bit closer.

unfolded with can
unfolded with can
folded with can
folded no can
View Quote
@Soich looks good, thanks! I have read up on the dead foot arms (and follow their IG) but I can't stomach the price. I like that it fires folded and I like that you use a regular bcg, but damn they are proud of it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#8]
They sure are.  I got the full kit including the BCG from Joe Bob Outfitters and saved a few bucks, but it was still some money.  Fortunately, the stock and tube are pretty reasonable priced from LWRC.  It is period the end the shortest you can get a function AR and that was a huge goal for me.  I fold this thing up into a discrete bag and I haven't had to use a "gun bag" in the last year.  Makes it easier with close neighbors, or heck, even just visiting my parents halfway across the state.

I'll say their customer service is pretty spot on.  I had an issue with the original spring not playing nice with my subsonic 300blk loads and gave them a call.  Went right to a guys cell phone which was promptly answered even though he was at a trade show!  I got the replacement spring I needed and have been happily able to run my subsonics even unsupressed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a knock off folder with that stock on a .22. I rarely fold it though.

Link Posted: 9/28/2018 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been running the law folder with a battle arms development lightweight buttstock on my 14.5 pin and weld. It's pretty compact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top