Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 8:20:56 PM EDT

Little pricey in my view, but Zenith is a quality outfit from what I remember…

https://zenithfirearms.com/product/zf-5/

https://atlanticfirearms.com/zenith-zf-5-9mm-pistol-zf50000009bk

Zenith ZF-5 9MM Pistol Features
Zenith ZF-5 9MM Pistol
Model ZF50000009BK
UPC 860005414185
Made in the USA !
9MM
Semi Auto
Roller Delayed Blowback
Cold Hammer Forged 8.9" Barrel
3 lug mount with flash hider
1/2x28 Thread
Adjustable Rear Diopter Sight
Polymer Grip
Matte Black Finish
Thumb Safety
6-8 pond trigger pull
2 point sling
Carry case
Picatinny optics rail
3-30 Round Magazines
Weight 5.5 lbs
Lifetime warranty

The Zenith ZF-5 9MM Pistol ZF50000009BK is a classic roller delayed blowback pistol that is made in the U.S. by Zenith Firearms. This 9mm semi auto pistol features a 9.8" cold hammer forged barrel with 1/2x28 thread pattern and 3 lug mount option. Sights include a protected front post sight and an adjustable rear diopter sight. A comfortable polymer grip will help you keep on target with this lightweight pistol. The included Picatinny optic rail will allow the use of your favorite optic. Comes with 3- 30 round magazines, sling & hard case. If you are looking for a MP5 style pistol that is of the highest quality and specs than look no further than this Zenith ZF-5 9MM Pistol.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The quality you remember are the MKE’s Zenith used to import.  Now they’re building guns from scratch. But Century’s MKE guns are $1000 less than Zenith’s. Are they worth the extra thou? GARY.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The quality you remember are the MKE’s Zenith used to import.  Now they’re building guns from scratch. But Century’s MKE guns are $1000 less than Zenith’s. Are they worth the extra thou? GARY.
View Quote

I'm thinking anybody who can afford to spend $2500 for this can afford to spend $3000 on a HK. The Century MKE guns were $2500 when they were first available and the price quickly dropped to $1500-1600 range for likely that exact reason, if the real deal German guns are only 20% more why not just get that instead.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm thinking anybody who can afford to spend $2500 for this can afford to spend $3000 on a HK. The Century MKE guns were $2500 when they were first available and the price quickly dropped to $1500-1600 range for likely that exact reason, if the real deal German guns are only 20% more why not just get that instead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are absolutely correct. The issue and reason people are paying the money is the supply issue of the HK. 20k+ back in stock subscribers  for every supplier that carries them and then theres the ones on GB that are selling for $3500-4k.
The clone game is the available and affordable game for many even at $2500.00. It's a shitty game these days.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#4]
There's not a day in my life where I would consider a homegrown Zenith for $2500. You could nearly get 2 MKE guns for that price and those are made by major arms manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Are the POF MP5' and SMGPK ever coming back into USA?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have both an SP5 and AP5-P.  No f'ing way am I paying $2500 for a US built clone.  You can find real HK's for 3k (or apparently less if you look long enough) and the MKE guns are phenomenal values, more so when one considers they are the real deal.  I think Zenith is going to struggle mightily at that price point.  They will have to compete with the MKE guns to survive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have both an SP5 and AP5-P.  No f'ing way am I paying $2500 for a US built clone.  You can find real HK's for 3k (or apparently less if you look long enough) and the MKE guns are phenomenal values, more so when one considers they are the real deal.  I think Zenith is going to struggle mightily at that price point.  They will have to compete with the MKE guns to survive.
View Quote

Totally agree with this.

The manufacturer who steps up and brings in the .223 variant or the 93 or Z-43 keep the price resonable will bring in some $
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Totally agree with this.

The manufacturer who steps up and brings in the .223 variant or the 93 or Z-43 keep the price resonable will bring in some $
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally agree with this.

MKE makes 93 clones, I'm surprised Century is not bringing them in. ATI and Zenith both imported small amounts of them at one time. I'd buy one.

ETA: and what I'd really like is a 53
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#11]
At that price point, spend an extra $500 and get the real deal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#12]
$2500 for that?  No.

I will stay with H&K manufactured MP5's, thanks anyhow.

Heck, a B&T GHM or APC is less expensive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

First thing I though too. It is a head scratcher.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe they bought the tooling from Bailey. For $2500 you get an overpriced Omega.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Zenith treated me well when I had an issue with one of their MKE imports. I seem to remember that they also got a pretty raw deal when MKE decided to use Century for imports, so I can understand why they wouldn't just want to fold. I wish them well, but I agree that I don't see the value proposition here.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#17]

They're rebranded KCI gen 2 magazines so, there's that.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They're rebranded KCI gen 2 magazines so, there's that.

View Quote

Thanks, wasn’t sure if that was a deal or not.  Would rather pay a bit more and get the HKs
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Just a few thoughts;

...Competition is good for consumers.

...That grip housing looks only slightly less retarded than PTR's.

...They be hittin' the rock if they think people won't walk past the Zenith section to the HK section at that price.

...Hopefully street prices will be lower. Century started out with ambitious prices, and look at them now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Make an SD and they'll get some of my money.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:54:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
At that price point, spend an extra $500 and get the real deal.
View Quote

lol. It's funny you think they are $500.00 more right now. Please post the link, I'll buy another.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:49:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

lol. It's funny you think they are $500.00 more right now. Please post the link, I'll buy another.
View Quote
Steel's just had a bunch of SP5s at $3k.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had. Sportsman's also had some 4 weeks ago. To restate my first post, had and gone in less than an hour is not in stock. And, this is why the clone market is $2500.00.
When there is a steady stock of them and supply goes up, the clone market will stop overcharging.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Had. Sportsman's also had some 4 weeks ago. To restate my first post, had and gone in less than an hour is not in stock. And, this is why the clone market is $2500.00.
When there is a steady stock of them and supply goes up, the clone market will stop overcharging.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As of yesterday, still had. I just picked up a SP5 myself. There have also been a number of buy it now SP5s on GunBroker that were sub $3k.  A little bit of legwork will get the HK, but I do wish they were more readily available. I can't say if PTR and Century are overpriced. The AP5 I checked out in the LGS looked pretty nice, but I was set on getting the HK. I think Zenith's pricing is a bit high for a untested product.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be lazy and do some leg work and you'll find one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't be lazy and do some leg work and you'll find one.
View Quote

Easier said than done.
Hard to beat retirees with no life who snap up and resell shit at a profit.
I’m not padding a boomers retirement, so I’ll stay without.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I saw one of these at a LGS Friday. $2495. For that price I would spend the little more abs get the real deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top