Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2019 3:02:45 AM EDT
It happened. An army of flesh eating beasts have descended upon your village, town, trailer park or your parents house. All you have is your Pistol Caliber Carbine. As you think wistfully of the sweet 5.56, 300 BO, 6.5 CM or 7.62 rifle that you should have had with you -you realize that you will have to make due with this little friend. What will you have to dig out of your basement closet or ammo fort to accessorize this thing? What do you wish you had for it?

I'm thinking a sling, an optic and something to carry these long skinny magazines but also wondering if a PCC has any practical value.

I look forward to your responses,
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 3:08:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It happened. An army of flesh eating beasts have descended upon your village, town, trailer park or your parents house. All you have is your Pistol Caliber Carbine. As you think wistfully of the sweet 5.56, 300 BO, 6.5 CM or 7.62 rifle that you should have had with you -you realize that you will have to make due with this little friend. What will you have to dig out of your basement closet or ammo fort to accessorize this thing? What do you wish you had for it?

I'm thinking a sling, an optic and something to carry these long skinny magazines but also wondering if a PCC has any practical value.

View Quote
Are your zombies wearing soft body armor? If so, bring some Liberty Civil Defense 50gr 9mm.

Liberty Civil Defense 9mm and Body Armor

For something that is quiet, where subsonic ammo is cheap, that does a good job in cqb role, something that you wife or kids could shoot well inside a home for self defense, a PCC still has a role. Sure .300 BLK or 5.56 are better in terminal ballistics, but a PCC still has a role. Plus they are fun to shoot. Need any other reason than that?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Be like Max
2019 JP Midwest PCC Championship

but maybe add a sling, because zombies.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#3]
My accessory would be a bunch of sacrificial friends.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't there a separate nonsense forum for this stuff?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Put me on a tower with my dedicated 22lr ar, a few gallons of water and some shade and my stock of 22 ammo and there won't be any z's for a few hundred yards.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#6]
M4 pouches fit 2x MP5 mags per pouch. So I get more ammo.

Oh and its more quiet so perhaps the zombies wont even know they are getting picked off

And Im only moving at night

I would feel pretty comfy with escaping and evading with a PCC

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#8]
9mm splits zombie heads just as good as anything else
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I keep a PCC ish PDW as a travel gun. Glock 17 with Flux brace and flashmag. Shoots great, and a dot extends usefullness to 100+ yards, so good for all this. Add a can and it is pretty quiet, too.

I love how everyone here thinks all you need is 9mm for a carry gun, but anyone with less than a whatever caliber rifle will die instantly. Sure in a war I want more caliber but for protecting my cul de sac a full box of 9mm in a shootable platform that fits in a holster or glove box should be enough to get it done.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I keep a PCC ish PDW as a travel gun. Glock 17 with Flux brace and flashmag. Shoots great, and a dot extends usefullness to 100+ yards, so good for all this. Add a can and it is pretty quiet, too.

I love how everyone here thinks all you need is 9mm for a carry gun, but anyone with less than a whatever caliber rifle will die instantly. Sure in a war I want more caliber but for protecting my cul de sac a full box of 9mm in a shootable platform that fits in a holster or glove box should be enough to get it done.
View Quote
Hey - I already read that in the other thread...
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My accessory would be a bunch of sacrificial friends.
View Quote
"I don't have to run faster than the bear zombies.  I just have to run faster than you."
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread is funny.

It is my belief that a 9mm PPC is in fact the perfect zombie gun, not a fall back.

Consider this: a gun capable of getting good head shots out to 50m, easily suppressable, easy availability of a common ammunition, low recoil, long term durability or easy availability of parts depending on the type of PPC you have, OR you have a smaller spare parts kit to lug around to cover the high wear parts compared to many other guns.

For instance, a beretta M9 SBR'd with a carbine stock conversion hits almost all of the above criteria. SBR glocks with a stock conversion works great as well. Some factory PPCs already have a great track record for reliability amd require few spare parts to keep them running for a very long time such as uzi's.

Suppression is a must to be able to clear a local area without calling more zeds in from the surrounding area. A 5.56 is just too damn loud even suppressed and the .300blk is simply added weight and ammo availability from battlefield drops is lame as hell compared to a PPC.

Given the scenario described, a well manufactured, SBR'd PPC with suppressor, reliable red dot, and tac light, would be my go-to.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#13]
agree with above. zombies dont wear armor
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]

OP you need to read this.  Worse than zombies.  The lead operator runs an mp5 exclusively.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Light, sling, suppressor and magazines in a bandolier
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
agree with above. zombies dont wear armor
View Quote
All that, plus SMGs can also handle more full auto fire than 5.56mm weapons without becoming overheated.

Some zombies might have armor, but it's unlikely that their faces will.
So no problems with penetration.

You'll get better penetration through structure interior walls with 9mm.

Zerglings are no problem, but for an entire Zerg brood I'd want emplaced weapons and a strong defensive position.

Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#17]
oh - wait - nvrmnd
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Isn't there a separate nonsense forum for this stuff?
View Quote
That shithole is called general discussion,
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I actually think a PCC is the ideal for a Zombie scenario.

#1 Best Option: PS90 + FN Five Seven

-Low recoil, high capacity, flat shooting = ideal for headshots
-Both pistol and carbine use the same ammo, although not the same mags
-6.5 grams per cartridge = can carry 2x more ammo then 9x19 (12.6g) or 5.56 (12g)

With the ability to carry 2x the amount of ammo, 5.7 is the ideal Zombie cartridge.

#2 Best Option: Ruger PCC9 + Glock 34 MOS w/ RDS + Glock 26 ankle holster

-All weapons use the same ammunition
-All weapons use the same magazines

Here the advantage is redundancy and cross compatibility. Since all 3 guns share the same magazines, only 1x type of magazine needs to be carried. This also allows 1 person to arm 2 other survivors in an emergency and share mags (think, defending a remote cabin from being over run.)
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I have access to a range with steel reactive targets so I shoot a lot of inceptor frangible ammo.  I actually like the stuff and have even loaded up some of their ARX bullets.  They are about 2/3 the weight of ball ammo.  I'm also experimenting with the stainless steel shellshock cases which are also much lighter than brass cases.

I've got to test my load, then i'm loading up a bunch of these frangible steel cased bullets to try with my mp5 and my AKV.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have access to a range with steel reactive targets so I shoot a lot of inceptor frangible ammo.  I actually like the stuff and have even loaded up some of their ARX bullets.  They are about 2/3 the weight of ball ammo.  I'm also experimenting with the stainless steel shellshock cases which are also much lighter than brass cases.

I've got to test my load, then i'm loading up a bunch of these frangible steel cased bullets to try with my mp5 and my AKV.
View Quote
That combination (ARX + Shell Shock) offers 5.7x28 levels of weight savings. The SS cases are 1/2 the weight of 9mm brass.

65gr ARX Bullet
30gr Shell Shock case
7gr Powder
3gr primer
= 105gr cartridge weight / 6.8 grams per cartridge

The question is, whats the cost on 1000 ARX bullets? I've only seen the 100 projectile packs.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mine has a prismatic scope for an optic, a light and a sling.   Add the suppressor which is in the safe with it and lots of mags.  I'd prefer to have a dedicated vest w/ pouches, but I've got a single sling backpack that has a large pocket that works and I've got some extra space for things like water, cleaning kit, and maybe a bit of food.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I recall at least one story from the Hurricane Katrina response. One guy running private security deployments passed on 5.56 and other rifle calibers. He brought a 9mm PCC instead... better maneuvering indoors, lighter, less blasty and mag compatibility. Plus 9mm could probably handle nearly all the likely urban situations.

That was 15 years ago now, but influential for me. My own experience there had me wanting an AK, as it was better able to handle vehicle threats and out to 150m. Today I would also pick a PCC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#24]
What, no 10mm love? Seems to me the 10mm PCC is the most versatile of the lot. You can get super sonic screaming penetrators that defeat soft body armor all the way up to super heavy sub sonic rounds for quite wet work.

Seriously considering a Banshee 300 myself... if only it was a short piston design with telescoping stock like the SIGs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#25]
MP5SD is the answer you seek.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#26]
As long as the zombies aren't shooting back a PCC is fine, now if they are returning fire that AR looks pretty sweet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top