Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2020 4:24:12 PM EDT
I'm interested in picking up a YHM Turbo T2 (or possibly a K, still researching) to run on my 10.3 and an in works 14.5. Does anyone know if the YHM Phantom QD flash hider will make 16" on a 14.5 barrel?  

Or, are there any other recommendations for a flash hider to p[in  and weld that will make 16" and works with the Turbo?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not SBR or pistol lower?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not SBR or pistol lower?
View Quote

I already have a couple of pistols and also quite like the setup I'm putting the 14.5 barrel on as is.  I'm pretty set on going the pin and weld route, just not sure on the muzzle device.

I have a Manimal I was going to use but I decided to suppress my 10.3 and figured there's no reason not to set up the 14.5 to share.  I've done the google search thing but haven't come across anything saying whether the Phantom QD will make a 14.5 legal.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The YHM QD flash hider should be long enough to bring you over 16" on a 14.5" barrel. You have to be careful when pinning it that the weld does not interfere with the movement of the locking ring.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The YHM QD flash hider should be long enough to bring you over 16" on a 14.5" barrel. You have to be careful when pinning it that the weld does not interfere with the movement of the locking ring.
View Quote

Good answer.  Yes the QD flash hider or the brake, will be long enough.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m generally not a fan of pin and weld, but on 14.5” it’s easy to forget or tell by a casual glance that it’s not a 16”. I finally color coded the handguard on that one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent. Thanks all for the input.

Now, to find one in stock..
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, so no dice on finding a Phantom QD flash hider. Thought I had one ordered but the vendor was flakey and it ended up canceled.

Are their any other flash hiders compatible with the Turbo T2/K suppressors?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok, so no dice on finding a Phantom QD flash hider. Thought I had one ordered but the vendor was flakey and it ended up canceled.

View Quote

Other than swapping a different mounting system into the can, no. Nobody besides YHM makes compatible muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check Adco they did have them and that is who did my YHM QD pin weld to my Remington Defense 14.5 barrel they did great work and fast turn around!
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Shout out to Brian at Kisiwa Creek Armory, who happened to have one in stock and got it shipped to me in short order.  Now off to Retro Arms Works for the P&W.

Next step, find a Turbo T2 or K in stock somewhere.  Any opinions or preferences between the two? It will be shared between the 14.5 and 10.3. It doesn't appear to be much difference in length and weight unless I'm misunderstanding something.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto, I have a 14.5” mid-length with a pinned YHM QD flash hider and regret doing it since I already own several SBR’s.  Mine turned out just fine but it will be a pain to remove if I ever decide to reconfigure the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:Next step, find a Turbo T2 or K in stock somewhere.  Any opinions or preferences between the two? It will be shared between the 14.5 and 10.3
View Quote

I've got a 1st Gen Turbo and Turbo-K. It looks like they've made a few tweaks to the latest K offering as well.

Both are dedicated to 10.5" SBR's. Both guns run adjustable gas @ ~ 25% on Faxon pencil barrels, Armaspec H2 buffer systems. The FDE (Turbo) build uses a full mass SRC BCG, the black (Turbo-K) build uses a JP LMOS BCG.

With all that said, the Turbo-K is less gassy to the face. Period. It really makes no sense as it's smaller.. but that's been my observation.

Either one will serve you well. They're a fantastic value from a great company.

Good luck in your quest brother!

Tax stamp for the FDE build should be here in another week or so..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top