Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2021 9:22:33 PM EDT
Thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these as my first can. Since they're both out of stock most of the places I've checked I figured I'd get a second opinion while I wait. I will only be suppressing an AK and my ARs and I'm less concerned with decibels over usability, durability and weight. Any benefit/preference over either? Or do you recommend something else? I've got to say I was impressed by the reviews on both and the price.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't go wrong with either, I'd recommend the full size for a first can however the K is still really good for its size. I was just shooting my full size Resonator yesterday, even on a 10.3" Mk18 it sounds great. Everyone I was shooting with was impressed by it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd get the K because it's in stock at Hansohn:

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/yhm/silencers/30-caliber/yhm-resonator-k/
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the K as my first rifle can and I wasn't disappointed.  Hearing safe on 300 subs and makes everything else more tolerable.  For the money the only can that can hang with it is the Rex MG7.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
No complaints with my R2.  I wound up buying 2 R9s and using one effectively as a light duty Res K.  I also have a Sandman K so a Res K doesn't really fit into what I need at the moment for 30 cal hosts but if I did need another 30 cal K can I'd seriously consider one.  I also have a Turbo K.  YHM cans in general are full of win.  You can't go wrong with either.  If the additional length of the R2  is acceptable to you go for the most suppression you can get.  300blk subs through my bolt gun sound ridiculous with the R2 on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:32:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Get the full size first so you understand how loud cans are. Ks are loud as hell but great for weight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the full size first so you understand how loud cans are. Ks are loud as hell but great for weight.
View Quote

This.

The ResoK is loud on 556.  I would and will be getting a R2.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#7]
R2, fo full size first.

Love my R1.

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:17:56 AM EDT
[#8]
R2 with kurz here checking in.

Good  can with minimal blowback in my use across a few different platforms.

Cant go wrong for the price.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the good advice! I'd almost decided an R2 was in my future, but now I'm adding a Rex MG7 .30 to the list of possibles. Holy crap, will picking a can get any easier?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the good advice! I'd almost decided an R2 was in my future, but now I'm adding a Rex MG7 .30 to the list of possibles. Holy crap, will picking a can get any easier?
View Quote

Buy both.
/thread.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Full size
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's how these damn things multiply lol.  Fortunately YHM and Rex are on the budget end of the spectrum and you can afford to dedicate a few of their cans to various hosts.

As I stated earlier in the thread, zero complaints with my 4 YHM cans.  I've been seriously tempted to add a Rex can to my arsenal.

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got the K as my first rifle can and I wasn't disappointed.  Hearing safe on 300 subs and makes everything else more tolerable.  For the money the only can that can hang with it is the Rex MG7.
View Quote

These were my first two.  Very comparable on 300 blk. Even though the MG7 is the .358 version.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 2:02:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Full chub ... I opted for the R2 .. if I want to shorten it, I can Kurz-kit the can.. or I can DT for ultimate weight and length savings.

I can shorten/lighten an R2 and the T2.. but I cant add baffles to a YHM K suppressor.. that was my logic at least.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:07:35 AM EDT
[#15]
My first can ever is an R2. Still in jail.
Been buying and installing mounts on everything while I wait.
My FFL let me shoot his R2 and it was pretty sweet

Can't wait to get some 300BLK subs put through it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#16]
The r2 is stupid quiet with 300 blk subs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#17]
So I'll be getting the r2-- as my second can. I decided to get a Rex Mg7 with a too good to turn down smoking deal from hahnson brothers. Now I'm already researching a rimfire and a pistol can. Now the wait...
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So I'll be getting the r2-- as my second can. I decided to get a Rex Mg7 with a too good to turn down smoking deal from hahnson brothers. Now I'm already researching a rimfire and a pistol can. Now the wait...
View Quote

You’ll love your MG7!
I love mine in .358!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Its getting harder and harder to not want to add a Rex to my collection.  Damn you guys lol.

OP that can will serve you well and if and when you eventually get your R2 so will it. Now the worst part about the NFA, hurry up and wait.  Hopefully you get lucky with a speedy approval.

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#20]
K, if your shooting supersonic ammo muzzle db isn’t the end all of decision making .The ak is going to be louder because of the piston. Short can FTW in either of those configurations.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:41:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I've got my Nomad30 on my AKM and it's kinda big. I want a Res K for it. I'm thoroughly happy with my Turbo K on my 10.5 AR. I'm still wearing muffs with any of them so I appreciate the shorter/lighter cans.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:45:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

DA Mask and Rugged Obsidian 9/45 is what you seek
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top