Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2023 6:53:20 PM EDT
Looking for a 9mm suppressor for the MP5 full size and my glock 9mm’s.

I was looking at the R9 because I’m pleased with my Turbo 5.56 can, then I saw the R45… it can be used in a few more calibers. One video I watched with the R9 and R45 were about the same w/a scorpion, maybe a tad quieter with the R45.

Anyone know if the tri-lug adapter work for the R45?
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The YHM tri-lug will work on the R45, it is threaded to accept all 1.375×24 mounts just like the R9 and YHM's other rifle cans.

I have no personal experience with the R45 but I do own a R9 and like it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
A .45 suppressor will likely be a little louder at the muzzle than a similar 9mm suppressor, but the .45 suppressor may be quieter at the shooter’s ear. If it is anything like it’s little brother, the R45 should be a good choice.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Get it and let us know.  I’ll probably get one of those down the line.  I’m pretty happy with my R9’s and it does pretty good with my MP5’s

My go to cans for my MP5’s is the Wolfman and Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a CGS Nautilus .45 suppressor as my 3 lug can. Sounds good on 9mm pcc and 38 special levergun. 3 lug mounts have just enough play that I worry about baffle strikes with a 9mm suppressor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top