Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2021 3:37:17 AM EDT
After owning several Tavors over the years I’d pretty much wrote them off because of the terrible accuracy. I’ve always been more of an AUG person but ever since they quit offering CLB I decided to give the X95 one last run. Well I’m happy to say I’m glad I did! My new X95 has give me a 3rd consecutive range trip holding a constant 2”-2.5” groups with wolf gold. This is the 1st time I decided not to go with mepro sights and used a T-2 instead. Not sure if it’s the better optic, the new gas system or pure luck but it fixed one of the few thing I didn’t like about the X95. Now if IWI would get more pistol grips in!

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 3:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
what distance to target were you shooting for your results?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
My Tavor SAR shoots 55 and 69 grain bullets more accurately than 75 & 77 grain reloads.   For the SAR’s intended role my SAR is plenty accurate.  I decided I wanted to use my 1-6 LPVO.  I sighted it in at 50 yards and my last 3 round group had three bullets holes touching with 55 grain FMJ reload.  I can’t shoot that tight with my E O Tech 512 even though it worked very well for CQB.  

I always looked at the SAR and X95 of having the AK style gas system (reliability) in a better ergo package shooting the popular 5.56/223 cartridge.   I put a 2.5-10x42 scope on my Tavor and used it on prairie dogs.   I hit way more than I missed and was impressed with the performance of my Tavor.   I even used the factory FCG on that hunting trip.   I up graded to a Geissele Super Sabra and really like it.  

My SAR’s accuracy is consistently more accurate than any Mini 14 I’ve shot.  I have been around a lot of Mini 14’s as they were commonly used by LE in my area in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.   The Mini 14 had acceptable accuracy where encounters are typically 150 yards or less in LE.  

The SAR and X95 are very effective for use around vehicles and in CQB.   I really like the SAR in confined areas like clearing buildings.  If I was younger I’d probably buy an X95 but the days of chasing bad guys and clearing buildings are gone.  

I really wish there was a 22 LR conversion kit for my SAR.  I’d really shoot my SAR a lot with a 22 conversion kit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Fire 9 shot groups  see what happens.  Then Fire 21 rounds rapidly, reload. Fire 9 more for group.  

(Note I’m quite fine with the x95 being a 3-4 MOA rifle... its use profile to me is inside 200 yards (especially with a red dot) and that’s still no more than 8” spread. Plenty to hit a 8-12” plate or a IPSC A zone.

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
100 yds from a sled, 5rd groups 4 each trip.  Like I said I’ve own 3 of these over the years, I didn’t need to shoot 30rd groups to see the shit accuracy they had.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
After owning several Tavors over the years I’d pretty much wrote them off because of the terrible accuracy. I’ve always been more of an AUG person but ever since they quit offering CLB I decided to give the X95 one last run. Well I’m happy to say I’m glad I did! My new X95 has give me a 3rd consecutive range trip holding a constant 2”-2.5” groups with wolf gold. This is the 1st time I decided not to go with mepro sights and used a T-2 instead. Not sure if it’s the better optic, the new gas system or pure luck but it fixed one of the few thing I didn’t like about the X95. Now if IWI would get more pistol grips in!

https://i.imgur.com/uavaTGW.jpg
View Quote

Has the gas system on the X95 been changed since the X95 was introduced?
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:55:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/uavaTGW.jpg

The answer I got from IWI was they changed the BCG to the same mechanism as the 300BO with a 556 piston and tweaked the gas system.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The answer I got from IWI was they changed the BCG to the same mechanism as the 300BO with a 556 piston and tweaked the gas system.
View Quote

Correct…..just picked up a new one.
Has the adjustable gas system rail cut out
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Damnit
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Double
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:53:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a bullpup fan.
X95 was top of my list until i actually got to shoot one.
Accuracy was not great but also just didn't feel it....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top