Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2018 10:01:17 PM EDT
While testing out a brand new X95 today I experienced an issue with the charging handle being stuck and the rifle unable to be manually cycled with a live round in the chamber. The rifle will eject fine when fired though.

I’ve done some searching and it seems others have had this issue but no cause has been pinpointed for sure. My initial thoughts, and what others seem to have found to be the problem, is that the cosmoline/packing grease is causing the bolt to stick.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any other ideas as to the cause? I plan to thoroughly clean the chamber with a solvent before shooting again.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I had mine lock up at the range just as the range was closing. Had to fire the round and it ejected fine. No clue what the lock up was due to.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:16:10 AM EDT
[#2]
That stuff was everywhere on my new x95. Trigger pack, inside the bolt, bolt carrier, inside the metal frame, frame rails, under the scope rail, barrel exterior under the rail and handguard, mag release button and linkages. I used electronic contact cleaner and tons of soaked swab pads. Just flushing it didn’t remove it, had to actually scrub it off.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You've stripped and cleaned the BCG?

AJ
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The BCG was stripped and cleaned yes. Have now put 300 additional rounds through the rifle with no further issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top