Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2021 4:05:28 PM EDT
Can some one tell me what the length of an X95 bolt for 13" barrel is compared to a 16" barrel bolt using a digital micrometer? Trying to find out if there is any difference in the two bolts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if you asked something about this on the bullpup forum that I just answered.

Correct Headspace is what’s important. The bolts are not modified and will work with any of the barrel lengths interchangeably. IWI’s position is the bolt is checked for correct headspace with the barrel at the factory and it’s a “matched” set that’s why the bolt/barrels were not sold separately. The only difference between the x95 5.56 RH carriers/bolts is the ejector configuration. Single pin or 2 pin. The 2 pin is the newer one and believe it was an IDF reliability upgrade.  Other than that there is no other difference and are interchangeable between barrel lengths. Only thing is the correct head space. I believe the above is also correct for left hand ejection set ups also. I’ve swapped my single pin and double pin bolts against both my barrels and checked with headspace gauges and they were fine. There are slight differences in the newer bolt carriers as I think the 5.56 is now using a .300BO configuration just to simplify the carrier being used on both calibers. Do not think they have changed the bolts except for the 1/2 pin ejectors and they all work across the new vs older carriers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top