Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 11:12:40 AM EDT
I finally found and ordered an X95 in 9mm. Paid too much, but wanted to make sure I had one.

I don't have it in hand until early next week.

Anyone know if endo mags would work in it by chance?

Since the 5.56 and .300 use AR mags, I thought just maybe.

It doesn't work. Pretty sure it would if you wanted to machine your bolt a bit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The endo mags have an ejector built into the magazine....those are the ones for simple blowback 9mm AR.

Not the CMMG version that has the ejector portion removed.

So maybe?????
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The endo mags have an ejector built into the magazine....those are the ones for simple blowback 9mm AR.

Not the CMMG version that has the ejector portion removed.

So maybe?????
View Quote

Definelty not if you are gonna shoot left handed!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]
No southpaw here!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#6]
That is what I was figuring too. If the bolt is at all similar to a 9mm AR in the front, it may.

I should be able to test middle of next week.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]
@Manticore_Arms

I have gun in hand. I removed the 2 pins that hold the 9mm magwell adaptor in place, but it doesn't want to pop out. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Nevermind

Bolt locked back and hot mag release. Was doing both separate items but not together.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
It does not work. The 6 o'clock area of the X95 bolt is too wide to fit between the PMAG (as well as) the endomag insert's feedlips.

It was worth a shot.

Off to order AR15 9mm mags!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a SAR in 9mm and it is fantastic. I bought it off of EE since I could not find a new one. My only minor disappointment with it was that the factory IWI mag appears to be a CProducts mag instead of a Metalform. No issues with it, but the Metalform mags are a better mag IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a SAR in 9mm and it is fantastic. I bought it off of EE since I could not find a new one. My only minor disappointment with it was that the factory IWI mag appears to be a CProducts mag instead of a Metalform. No issues with it, but the Metalform mags are a better mag IMHO.
View Quote

From what I read, the factory mags are ASC mags with an IWI Floorplate on them. The one that came with mine seems like a real nice mag, although the finish at the wear points is already gone. No biiggy.

I have also read that the AR Stoner mags that Midway sells are made my ASC. I have 3 of the 20rd and 3 of the 32rd mags on the way from Midway.

I will be able to compare them side by side tomorrow, as per tracking info anyway.

I think the 20rders will be nice little mags.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I installed my 9mm kit on a Tavor and put some rounds out but I don't remember if I've run any of the ASC mags I bought so I need to get those checked out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]
In case anyone is curious, the AR Stoner mags are identical to my IWI 32rd mag. The only difference is the base plate.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#13]
ASC 9mm stick mags are the mags you seek.  They work perfect in my Tavor 9mm and hold the bolt open on last shot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It does not work. The 6 o'clock area of the X95 bolt is too wide to fit between the PMAG (as well as) the endomag insert's feedlips.

It was worth a shot.

Off to order AR15 9mm mags!
View Quote

Good info, can you update your original post to add it saying “no, the mags do not work in the X95” for future travelers?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:25:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes they are the same magazines. Just different floor plate. IWI did that for the 922r US parts count, just like using Pmags for the 5.56 Tavor/x95.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top