Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2023 3:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS]
Found this inexpensive wrap on smazon. It came in a packet of 5 rolls and it’s offered in many different solids and camo prints. The material has good elasticity and sticks very well onto itself.   It also works great for covering optics.

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 10:21:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kwb377] [#1]
What type of texture/consistency does it have? Is it like Ace bandage material or more like tape? Does it cling to itself or does it have adhesive backing? Link?

edit: I searched "optic wrap" and found this...I'm guessing this is the same type stuff?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H28QHT1?tag=arfcom00-20

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 12:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#2]
That’s it.  It’s like Ace bandage but this wrap clings together when its layered. It stays on really good.

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Folder looks really cool, the grip reminds me of a gangbanger.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s what I’ve always called vet wrap. Cool if the gun sits in the safe but it will get nasty pretty easy if you use it much. I’ve used that wrap for injuries for years.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By harrymank:
That’s what I’ve always called vet wrap. Cool if the gun sits in the safe but it will get nasty pretty easy if you use it much. I’ve used that wrap for injuries for years.
View Quote

Yep looks like coflex. Will get sticky/gummy in a week or two of use, but cheap enough to reapply.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTHP] [#6]
What is that hand gaurd?

Never seen one looks pretty nice.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#7]
Originally Posted By OTHP:
What is that hand gaurd?

View Quote

Thank you. It’s a AFG made by A3 Tactical. They make a few models for the Uzi Pro and they’re available on their online store and on OpticsPlanet.

It mimics the look of the IWI SMG Pro. It’s a solid AFG.!
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Great gonna grab one.

Your wrap should harded up over time after it gets squishy & sticky.
Then it will kinda just crumble away.
I never used it on a gun but have used it to wrap other things.
The maul for splitting wood was one I remember it getting hard and brittle on.
With each hit and shock through the handle a little would fall off.
Tried removing it my self and it wasn't having any of that.
It was also stored in a unheated barn so the weather may have had something to do with the changes,it went through.

See the prices of the PRO now?
Mags too,since IWI seems to,have stopped those also.

Up there with the OG Action Arms pistols now.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 4:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#9]
Originally Posted By LOS:

Thank you. It’s a AFG made by A3 Tactical. They make a few models for the Uzi Pro and they’re available on their online store and on OpticsPlanet.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
What is that hand gaurd?

Why are A3 Tactical's +10 grips (Like this one) marked as "NOTE: All NFA rules apply. This is Vertical Foregrip, not for use on pistols" when that Uzi grip is marked as an angled grip. 100 is not 90.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Great gonna grab one.

Your wrap should harded up over time after it gets squishy & sticky.
Then it will kinda just crumble away.
I never used it on a gun but have used it to wrap other things.
The maul for splitting wood was one I remember it getting hard and brittle on.
With each hit and shock through the handle a little would fall off.
Tried removing it my self and it wasn't having any of that.
It was also stored in a unheated barn so the weather may have had something to do with the changes,it went through.

See the prices of the PRO now?
Mags too,since IWI seems to,have stopped those also.

Up there with the OG Action Arms pistols now.
View Quote

This wrap goes on and comes off easily should it ever have to be replaced. It came in a packet of 5 rolls so I  basically have a lifetime supply.

It’s Crazy how Uzi Pro pricing has skyrocketed. They’re averaging about 3K, used. My UP was purchased new a few years ago and I think I paid 1K. I was lucky to buy a bunch of IWI 32rd mags when I bought it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

Why are A3 Tactical's +10 grips (Like this one) marked as "NOTE: All NFA rules apply. This is Vertical Foregrip, not for use on pistols" when that Uzi grip is marked as an angled grip. 100 is not 90.

Kharn
View Quote

Makes no sense as the +10 line of grips are all angled!
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 5:41:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stryfe] [#12]
Originally Posted By theguymontag:

Yep looks like coflex. Will get sticky/gummy in a week or two of use, but cheap enough to reapply.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theguymontag:
Originally Posted By harrymank:

It's not too bad. I've got a scope that's been wrapped for years. I use a wrap of hockey tape to keep the end from unraveling.
The hockey tape is messier.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Stryfe:

It's not too bad. I've got a scope that's been wrapped for years. I use a wrap of hockey tape to keep the end from unraveling.
The hockey tape is messier.
View Quote

This wrap is so easy to work with that even Boris Karloff would approve.!

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 7:18:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTHP] [#14]
the 2nd pic I had to zoom in on looks like a floral pattern from a distance like a end table doily LOL.

Same grabbed mine whenthey were about 1k

A mini or micro stock will fit right on where the hing pin is for those who SBR em.

I've converted a few mags over to the colt mag catch and UP catch with plans to do all my UZI mags
so they fit all 5 of my guns that use UZI mags.
I had bought 5 of those RTG gunsmith special 50 packs back when they were 5 bux a mag.

Just gotta set my mill back up now that we moved.
Poor machines looks & feels neglected sitting on the pallets.

Again good looking pistol there.
Love the look of the knuckle gaurd.

ETA: pretty sure that knuckle gaurd needs spikes!
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#15]
@OTHP

Thanks. The mini/micro stocks are the cat’s meow but unfortunately no longer being made. Factory UZI mags are virtually indestructible. You can literally use them as hammers. lol.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 8:49:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTHP] [#16]
Sam @ practical solutions makes a repop.
Have for my M10 transferable.

They are not priced to bad either 250 I think don't remember bought mine in 2010 but he still does runs of them.

ETA: 187 now not 250 one in stock.

https://macmachineguns.com/?product=uzi-style-folding-stock-for-the-m11a1-380-semi-auto-gun

All that is needed is the stock the Mac adapter could be tossed or resold.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Sam @ practical solutions makes a repop. 250 I think don't remember bought mine in 2010 but he still does runs of them.

ETA: 187 now not 250 one in stock.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads-up. It’s on the way..!
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I do love the Uzi pro and PS stock is a must

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
I do love the Uzi pro and PS stock is a must
https://i.imgur.com/ZMDkPRg.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/Jc0QahI.jpeg
View Quote

I dig your style. Beautiful set-up.!
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#20]
The Uzi Pro was one of the most underrated guns to come out in a long time. It is built like a tank and was very affordable when it was new. I wish they released it with the Sabre style lower, but the A3 is very nice and the availability of the factory polymer folder with adjustable cheek comb is awesome (though they may not be readily available). I easily like my Prio as much as a TP9 or MP5K. I think some initial bad reviews about the trigger being super hard to pull set it down a bad path.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:05:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTHP] [#21]
LOS

Nioce...

Waiting for pix.

Also on the factory wire stock if you wrap like the brace.
You may want to put a piece of that foam pipe insulation on it 1st for a more comfortable cheek weld.

Under rated is a under statement love mine.

They were a pretty short run now commanding a price as,much,or more then the OG Action Arms pistol
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#22]
LOS

Nioce...

Waiting for pix.

Also on the factory wire stock if you wrap like the brace.
You may want to put a piece of that foam pipe insulation on it 1st for a more comfortable cheek weld.

Under rated is a under statement love mine.

They were a pretty short run now commanding a price as,much,or more then the OG Action Arms pistol
View Quote

Thank you, Sir. That’s a great idea.  I actually ordered a rubber sleeve for the wire folder from Amazon that should work great and  fit nicely. Price was only $7 for 4ft of 1/2” heat shrink rubber tubing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 5:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#23]
Originally Posted By Skullsoldier:
The Uzi Pro was one of the most underrated guns to come out in a long time. It is built like a tank and was very affordable when it was new. I wish they released it with the Sabre style lower, but the A3 is very nice and the availability of the factory polymer folder with adjustable cheek comb is awesome (though they may not be readily available). I easily like my Prio as much as a TP9 or MP5K. I think some initial bad reviews about the trigger being super hard to pull set it down a bad path.
View Quote

Yep. I’m on the list at IWI for the folder when it comes back in stock. The adjustable cheek comb really floats my skirt!  I also have a AP5 and a AP5P that I SBRd. Funny how much smaller the Pro is vs the AP5P.!
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Yep. I’m on the list at IWI for the folder when it comes back in stock. The adjustable cheek comb really floats my skirt!  I also have a AP5 and a AP5P that I SBRd. Funny how much smaller the Pro is vs the AP5P.!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skullsoldier:

PM me if you want the factory IMI folder. I have an unused one just sitting in my stuff.

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:

PM me if you want the factory IMI folder. I have an unused one just sitting in my stuff.

View Quote

Thank you. PM inbound..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top