Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2018 7:50:53 PM EDT
As the title says with an AR based full auto conversion upper for the Mac style RR coming to market soon, are there collectors now considering one? I can't think of any transferables that have a match winning pistol caliber and assault rifle configuration that is not double the money. For that matter I can't think of any any "one trick pony" transferable in 5.56X45 that is that cheap. I personally bought a couple of M10 RRs last fall. I would also think that with a $3,000 price tag for the Lage uppers, that would be enough profit margin so others could bring other innovations to this market. Any opinions?

Scott
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The M10/15 upper that will be coming out after this one is the one thing that will keep my desires in check for a 5.56 FA.

With Lage's Mk II upper and the M10/15 upper, I will completely have that itch scratched.

I don't think that it will impact the prices of the M16, but it does open up a MAJOR avenue for those of us that are on more of a budget.

I do think that it will have some impact on some of the other 5.56 rifles and 9mm or 45 subguns.

It may make a MAC more desirable than say an FNC or AC556 due to taking AR parts and magazines.

I doubt it would have much of an impact on Uzis due to the iconic nature of them, but it should without that status.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Deleted —- not relevant.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm 1XX on the list and no I'm not selling my M16 either
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm 1XX on the list and no I'm not selling my M16 either
View Quote
My question is for those that don't have a M16 variant.  With LL at $15,000 (if you can find one) and off brand RR M16s at around $18,000, I was wondering if there were some guys that could buy a MAC style RR but really weren't interested in one until now. I think the ability to have a subgun capable of winning a national level subgun match and a medium caliber rifle configuration, would bring some that were not interested in a MAC style RR until now.

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top