Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2021 11:39:48 AM EDT
Mail order CMP. Receiver dates 6/44 , barrel 8/45.
Any chance the barrel is original to rifle.
Erosion of 3 both muzzle n throat.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet its a replacement barrel.  

by the way that poor barrel has taken some abuse at both ends.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont provoke other members
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably not unfortunately.

You've got a D-Day receiver with a VJ-Day barrel.
Very nice though  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the rifle went through rebuild at some point.  Barrel appears to be made at SA (never seen one marked "S-A"; usually just "SA"), but I'm far from an expert on M1s.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What does this (and the identical following post by OP) mean?  Inside joke?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:41:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Not an original barrel to that receiver when it was produced. Rear sight elevation knob has been replaced as well. Does the stock have a CMP cartouche on it near the trigger? Another vote for post war refurb. I have a WIN-13 rifle with a duplicate SA rifle out there somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Mediocre mix-master.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats a pretty knarly SG.

I'd send it back. Muzzle looks awful and prob reads three only because of the big dinger distorting the shape of bore at muzzle giving false reading.

They sent me a sg with a f'd up muzzle worse than that a few yrs ago. Sent it back and they put a new 1-55 SA bbl on it and returned it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thats a pretty knarly SG.

I'd send it back. Muzzle looks awful and prob reads three only because of the big dinger distorting the shape of bore at muzzle giving false reading.

They sent me a sg with a f'd up muzzle worse than that a few yrs ago. Sent it back and they put a new 1-55 SA bbl on it and returned it.
View Quote

Yes, I decided to contact CS.  They put a new 3-55 sg barrel on it.  ME & TE are both 2.  Sent it back, with a note saying the oprod catch was replaced and timing adjusted.

Going to break it down an go through it later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top