Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2020 7:47:26 PM EDT
Sending my 870 Police for a Remington steal package. I have most of the WC parts already so going in for Armor Tuff finish and tuning mostly.

Anyone else had WC work done to their 870s? Curious to see if they stamp the Scattergun Tech logo on the receiver of guns for work/rebuild.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an old 870 that I am thinking to send in to rebuild as I wish to pass this shotgun on to my son.

Just wondering about the result people are seeing from Wilson.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#3]
How exactly does Wilson “tune” an 870? (serious question)

The 870 is one of the most easiest guns to DIY with he exception of the Ejector replacement if required. Plenty of factory and aftermarket parts and accessories too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a 870 SBS police trade in I sent in for their refurb package. It had an old nickel finish with corrosion, etc. It came back looking pristine, with the aforementioned polymer furniture and their follower, etc. There was nothing stamped on the gun identifying they did the work, but I didn't care about that. It came back looking and functioning perfectly which is what I was after. I felt the price was reasonable for the work done.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a 870 SBS police trade in I sent in for their refurb package. It had an old nickel finish with corrosion, etc. It came back looking pristine, with the aforementioned polymer furniture and their follower, etc. There was nothing stamped on the gun identifying they did the work, but I didn't care about that. It came back looking and functioning perfectly which is what I was after. I felt the price was reasonable for the work done.
View Quote

Thanks TheFaz that is what I was hoping to hear.  My shotgun is rather banged up with some corrosion and just want to make it look good before giving it to my son.

I will put some aftermarket items like an extended magazine tube but mostly need to fix the finish before passing it on.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:10:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How exactly does Wilson “tune” an 870? (serious question)

The 870 is one of the most easiest guns to DIY with he exception of the Ejector replacement if required. Plenty of factory and aftermarket parts and accessories too.
View Quote

This, most of the “tuning” info needed is on AI&P tactical’s tutorials page...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:15:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This, most of the “tuning” info needed is on AI&P tactical’s tutorials page...
View Quote

Got a link?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I did it. I don't think they marked it.

They do good work, gun looked great.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
https://i.imgur.com/aiMG8U8.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/lSY2FzB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lSY2FzB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aiMG8U8.jpg

Wilson Combat 870 steal deal!
Just got my 870P back from Wilson Combat today for their Remington steal package and I’m truly impressed.
Tritium track lock sights were installed, mag extension, new trigger group among some of the other things were done to include reparkerize.
Finish was amazing, action is now as smooth as silk and the new trigger breaks like a timney trigger.
Can’t wait to shoot it. Turn around time 3 weeks! Pictures don’t do it any justice. Been waiting to do this for years. Glad I finally got around to sending her in for an overhaul. The scattergun tech even called me when it arrived to confirm the work and again at the time of completion. Excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up an 870 years ago and it was fairly decent, wood stock, faded blueing and I sent it to Wilson for the upgrades, Remington steal package.  I added the Hogue stock and forend,  Vickers sling and had the shotgun armor tuff coated in FDE.  It came back a different shotgun.  Smooth rack, solid trigger and it looks great.  There is no stamp on it that I have noticed but it was well worth the cost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top