Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2018 12:59:36 PM EDT
Which to go with.  I've had a Springfield trigger and it was nice but now considering Williams.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a WTS set trigger pack.  As far as triggers for the G3 series go it's the top of the heap.

As far as G3 rifles go (IMO), G3 rifles are not precision rifles of enough precision for a trigger like that to make a difference.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The factory triggers suck, I have one by the one in Colorado and it is the bomb.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The factory triggers suck, I have one by the one in Colorado and it is the bomb.
View Quote
Factory triggers for what and made by who? I have a Zenith trigger pack on my Z-5RS that's pretty decent and isn't some 10lb monster like a few people make out then all out to be.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
@undefined

I have his old trigger pack that was mangled... ‘improved’ by BS. ‘Unsafe’ is an understatement, as it will fire in SAFE, and its previous owner could make it fire by wiggling the trigger housing. A buddy of mine is a real gunsmith, and after he disassembled it, pointed out the amount of material missing from the dead and hammer, as well as the wadded-up trigger return spring.

Caveat Emptor.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@undefined

I have his old trigger pack that was mangled... ‘improved’ by BS. ‘Unsafe’ is an understatement, as it will fire in SAFE, and its previous owner could make it fire by wiggling the trigger housing. A buddy of mine is a real gunsmith, and after he disassembled it, pointed out the amount of material missing from the dead and hammer, as well as the wadded-up trigger return spring.

Caveat Emptor.
View Quote
Indeed

Educate yourself on BS trigger work
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Bill Springfield?  Fuck no
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
This.
Do not use BS. You can't just go crazy with a stone on a case-hardened component with unknown case depth and not expect to run into trouble eventually...
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@undefined

Caveat Emptor.
View Quote
@Ironhandjohn is right, although in Bill Springfield's defense, the trigger pull was awesome. Less than 3 pounds in FIRE and still only about 10 pounds in SAFE.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Ironhandjohn is right, although in Bill Springfield's defense, the trigger pull was awesome. Less than 3 pounds in FIRE and still only about 10 pounds in SAFE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@undefined

Caveat Emptor.
And it turned our G3s into unreliable jam-a-matics, as well. I still have the trigger pack in my parts bin somewhere, but don’t own a roller-locked rifle anymore.

I thought about getting one; I guess I’m a slave to mediocrity and disappointment.

Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Williams = Wizard

Springfield = Sucks

Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had my FAL done by WTS after seeing the hackwork from BS.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#12]
My Williams trigger is smooth as silk and functions flawlessly
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Zenith custom shop is another option.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Williams is good. Don't go with BS.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#15]
The only oneI can talk about is Williams and am well pleased.

Have the set trigger package on an HK 91 and with my hand loads will ruin a quarter at 100 yards.

HK 93 has the straight trigger and the trigger work. Make it much more fun to shoot.

When I had mine done some 15 years ago you had a choice of packages.

Straight trigger or trigger plus trigger work or the first two plus set trigger.

Also, if you were unhappy with the package could revert back to horrible stock HK

Hope this helps Iam very pleased with Williams work.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#16]
This is the one you want.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top