Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2023 1:58:33 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the new light weight Wilcox G24 Lite?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got one this week since it's the only G24 I could find in stock. The carriage that the dovetail clicks into has a polymer body and buttons, but the dovetail clipped in tight. In use it felt just like my other G24 mounts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It is basically a G24 with the G69 plastic non magnetic dovetail. It is a good buy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw the announcement on Reddit about three hours after Gooningear posted it and received mine a few days later. It’s solid, everything works like it should, nothing feels even remotely janky. For the going rate of the G24 but shaving a few ounces, I give the thumbs up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#4]
lol wilcox cracks me up. "lite" version. 5% cheaper. wow thanks. now I can buy dual tubes instead of a monocular.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I think you’re maybe taking the marketing term “Lite” the way others have used it. It’s not that it’s a discounted version of a product that has some features removed, it’s simply meant to be lighter. I was in the market for a G24 at the time, and nobody had them in stock, and the prices I was seeing were $30-70 higher than what I paid. OwnTheNight has tan G24’s in stock right now for $500.90, but I’d gladly pay the two dollars extra all over again to shave an ounce or so.

Everything to do with night vision is horrendously expensive, I just can’t see complaining about something being essentially the same price for being lighter. It’s a net positive in my book.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 2:12:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I think you're maybe taking the marketing term "Lite" the way others have used it. It's not that it's a discounted version of a product that has some features removed, it's simply meant to be lighter. I was in the market for a G24 at the time, and nobody had them in stock, and the prices I was seeing were $30-70 higher than what I paid. OwnTheNight has tan G24's in stock right now for $500.90, but I'd gladly pay the two dollars extra all over again to shave an ounce or so.

Everything to do with night vision is horrendously expensive, I just can't see complaining about something being essentially the same price for being lighter. It's a net positive in my book.
View Quote
yeah I assumed lite was marketing speak not a physical attribute.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:04:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Well at least they didn't hire Dylan Mulvaney to introduce it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well at least they didn't hire Dylan Mulvaney to introduce it.
View Quote

"Putting the cox in wilcox since 2023"
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol, really, they should have just called it the G24 "Lightweight" or something, but what do I know?

Quoted:

"Putting the cox in wilcox since 2023"

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#11]
G-24 Lite: with 30% more extension
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top