Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2020 9:33:05 AM EDT
Title says it all,

With everything going on, we don’t want our mothermobile to be mistaken for UPS or some delivery truck with goods

wife is looking for a way to keep a handgun in the jumbo van, maximum-security is necessary with moderate accessibility, looking for some type of consul mounted box.

Security is necessary because of foster care and not wanting the man to be up in the life,

Assessability because reasons.

What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Console Vault in both of my trucks.  Easily holds a couple of pistols and a bunch of extra mags. The model for my trucks has a secret storage space to tuck away some extra cash.

ETA: pic
Attachment Attached File

Even if they rip it out of the vehicle, they still have to crack open a solid steel box.  It's not just a faceplate.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Security of the weapon is paramount. If you leave it, say, under the seat, and there's a minor child in the car, you are hosed. You are doubly hosed if your BIL, who is a felon or who has pled a DUI away in exchange for being classed a habitual drunkard, has access to it.

Lock it up. And maintain situational awareness.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#3]
On body carry is always going to be my recommendation.

I know several women that on body carry.  It takes a little bit of ingenuity on a woman but it is the best way.  It is much easier nowadays with the G43, Shield, Sig 24/7, etc.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Tuffy locking steel console in my Bronco. It is solidly built and secure.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On body carry is always going to be my recommendation.

I know several women that on body carry.  It takes a little bit of ingenuity on a woman but it is the best way.  It is much easier nowadays with the G43, Shield, Sig 24/7, etc.
View Quote

This is the answer. Carry on her, not in the van.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top