Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2019 3:03:02 PM EDT
I have some wide Speedcross 4's Wides that I love but sometimes still feel tight on my feet.

I believe the Salomons are W/2E so I'd like something that is 3E but still has the running shoes feel that Salomons have.

Does anyone have recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't wear Salomons anymore. They are just too tight.
Recently switched over to New Balance and Brooks shoes.
So much better for my wide feet.
This is a great trail/hybrid running shoe, similar to the Speedcross, but not as aggressive.
FuelCore Nitrel v2

And my now all time favorite
The 1450

It is very light weight for a high top. Almost boot like. Waterproof-ish.
Light like a tennis shoe.

You will most likely want X-Wide.
Wide would be like a 2e
X-Wide is like a 4e
Best to find somewhere to try them on first though.

If you hunt around, you can probably find the V1 of the FuelCore shoe.
Much more aggressive sole than the v2.
I have both.
FuelCore v1

Like here..............
In Green too!

I have a pair of the v2 in grey and v1 in green.
Both great, super lightweight shoes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at Altras. The zero drop takes a bit to get used to but they have a great shape for a wide foot and have helped a lot with shin splints and other lower leg pain for me. I’ve used them on several high mileage per day backpacking trips and am a convert.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks all, I'll take a look at the recommendations!
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at Altras. The zero drop takes a bit to get used to but they have a great shape for a wide foot and have helped a lot with shin splints and other lower leg pain for me. I’ve used them on several high mileage per day backpacking trips and am a convert.
View Quote
This is what I use. I picked up the Lone Peak Neoshell as an alternative to goretex salomons. They've been great for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top