Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2018 12:44:17 PM EDT
I've bought a ton of gear over the years like many of you guys. I've never had any issues with TAG stuff until recently.

A hydro pack I bought in their store in Oceanside back in the day is starting to fail. I've hardly used this thing, but a shoulder strap is seperating from the pack. Not cut, not damaged, it's starting to unravel from the stitch. Kind of annoying, but whatever, shit happens.

I reach out to customer service and they say I need to send in some pics.

I send these -

Their rep- Michael E. asks me about when I ordered it, and then explains they can't find me as a customer. Over the years I've bought a ton of shit through their site. Packs, chest rigs, carriers, pouches, etc. Odd that I would suddenly disappear from their system the one fucking time I was going to use their warranty.

I should have just stuck with LBT. I know, CSB, just letting you guys know TAG fucking sucks if you actually expect them to back their shit up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Tactical Assault Gear is a place I will never order from again.

I ordered an Arc'Teryx FR Combat Shirt before I was leaving the states and they sent me the standard one. Came back a few months later to just play mail tag with them and replacements would just result in the wrong product being sent every time. Finally got fed up and asked for a refund and had to press them weekly to process the refund.

Worst experience with any dealer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember the black Friday sale debacle a few years back? That was awesome!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe try contacting a different customer service rep.  I had a similar experience with Benchmade a couple years back, in that I had purchased several knives from them and could not be found in their database.  Turns out they updated their database and lost a couple profiles.  They made good on the issue though.  Best of luck.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
They were good back in the day... like mid 2000s
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear these recent woes.

I have ordered a bunch of TAG gear over the years. Their M4 double mag pouches were the only kit to survive from E2 - E5.

My last order from them was last year but it was still good to go.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They were good back in the day... like mid 2000s
View Quote
Before they got sold to LCI...
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Double tap
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Felt compelled to post my experience in this thread.

Ordered a single pistol mag pouch.  Jerks shipped it as seen below and charged me like $12 to ship.  This wasn’t rush shipping either mind you.  Took a long ass time to be delivered. Admittedly, I didn’t pay much attention to the shipping charge on the front end.

Upon receipt I was pissed and took photographs to document the absurdity.

Contacted them. The guy was very nice and assured me he’d elevate my complaint.   He did and got back to me.  Said he couldn’t refund me any money on this order but assured me they’d knock off 10% on future orders.

Told him I doubt I’d be ordering any more from them due to this absurdity.

I like the pouch so far.  Haven’t used it much yet but I like it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Eh LBT declined to fix my carry handle which was sewn on completely crooked because I wasn't the original purchaser.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Felt compelled to post my experience in this thread.

Ordered a single pistol mag pouch.  Jerks shipped it as seen below and charged me like $12 to ship.  This wasn’t rush shipping either mind you.  Took a long ass time to be delivered. Admittedly, I didn’t pay much attention to the shipping charge on the front end.

Upon receipt I was pissed and took photographs to document the absurdity.

https://i.postimg.cc/4Nm9bbYp/005_FBA89-_E37_E-457_A-_A13_D-_E4184_F43_DE40.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qBnRkb6b/E5_A60_D1_C-69_C0-4425-9_CFA-_E278_DA7056_DF.jpg

Contacted them. The guy was very nice and assured me he’d elevate my complaint.   He did and got back to me.  Said he couldn’t refund me any money on this order but assured me they’d knock off 10% on future orders.

Told him I doubt I’d be ordering any more from them due to this absurdity.

I like the pouch so far.  Haven’t used it much yet but I like it.
View Quote
That’s so completely retarded that it’s hilarious....
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#11]
At least you guys actually received your purchases. I ordered a large Jetboil pouch from 762 Tactical in August, 2017, and haven’t seen squat yet.

Sent them an email after I got back from Africa a few months ago, and they sent a reply with a tracking number that goes nowhere.

They still have my money.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#12]
A few years ago, I purchased a double mag shingle.

Order shipped fast but I was wondering why it came in such a big box.

So when I opened it, there were about 10 triple mag shingles that was suppose to ship to Ft Hood.

I call them and they asked me ship it back on my dime...

After countless calls to them, they told me that it was a double order and they already received the order and finally sent me the return shipping 6mo later...

I never got my order and they refunded me my money after a call to my CC.

Never ordered from them again.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to bring up a dead horse but I’m currently dealing with Michael E. at TAG as well.

Part of their Black Friday sale  I ordered some IIIA plate backers for the rogue gunfighter carrier that looks on the pic to be 10x12.  Was a clearance item so I sent a question to TAG and Michael E. reply was that they are indeed 10x12. I bought them for %25 off.  When I get them they are like 18x15in, manufactured in 2013 and have the name Rampage as part of the ID.  I figured they shipped the wrong item.  So I emailed customer service and Michael responds saying I ordered the wrong item.

I’ve been going back and fourth.  I keep telling this ass hat it’s incorrect and he recently sent a link for another armor set saying that is what I should have ordered.  He sent this “Did  you see the link I sent you?   That is the armor you need for the Rogue carrier.  The armor that you ordered.i sfor another carrier.  So, we will let you return the mis-ordered armor with no restocking fee, and we are accepting a clearance item back.”  But I pay shipping.....

So this dumb shit says I ordered the wrong armor for the rogue carrier, even when sent a screen shot of my order saying Rogue Gunfighter armor set.

I’m trying to find a way to circumnavigate this guy.  I found the head of customer service on LinkedIn....maybe that will work.

I used to love TAG but now, once this is resolved I’m never going back.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone have a direct way to contact these guys?

Ordered a pair of Crye pants on Black Friday and have received no info other than the receipt email and when I try to find my order history it states my order does not exist.

So far I’ve gotten no reply after leaving a voicemail and sending them emails to their listed address.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I've placed a few orders and never had an issue.
Just ordered a battle belt and a fanny pack and got them a few days later.
I usually only order shit that's heavily clearenced.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At least you guys actually received your purchases. I ordered a large Jetboil pouch from 762 Tactical in August, 2017, and haven’t seen squat yet.

Sent them an email after I got back from Africa a few months ago, and they sent a reply with a tracking number that goes nowhere.

View Quote
I would have been blowing up the phones everyday.

TAG is one of those retailers you buy used. Their stuff is good and and lasts to the secondhand market, but fuck ordering through them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you ever get it?

Dealt with them earlier this year as well. After paying for the pouch and not hearing a thing, I sent 3 emails and made 2 phone calls and got ahold of no one. After 2 months I did a CC charge back and magically, I got an email with shipping info on it a week or so later.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 4:14:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you ever get it?

Dealt with them earlier this year as well. After paying for the pouch and not hearing a thing, I sent 3 emails and made 2 phone calls and got ahold of no one. After 2 months I did a CC charge back and magically, I got an email with shipping info on it a week or so later.
View Quote
Nope. No answer to emails or anything else.

I'm going to do a backcharge on USAA, if I can. If not, I guess that's $50 up a wild hog's ass...
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
That sucks.  Most of my stuff is TAG. Always had good luck.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Didn’t they used to be tied into Lightfighter?
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That was ATS, not TAG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn’t they used to be tied into Lightfighter?
That was ATS, not TAG.
Yep, Brad Nelson sold Lightfighter Tactical to ATS back about 2006 or 2007. When they bought the store and manufacturing side, they got the web forum, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top