Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2020 7:23:54 PM EDT

Hi, my name is REZARF and I have a thing for shotguns... in this case firearms.

I have no real need for another boom stick, but the Remington Tac-14 with brace has caught my eye.  It seems like a nice option for a truck gun here in bear country.

I have a few questions for those who have one...

1. Can this accept Remington's new Detachable Magazine system? If so, are people having good reliability with these?

2. What is the overall length, I see it listed as 26.5" but that seems to be for the bird head handle not the brace and tube version.

3. Is the receiver tapped for a rail?

4. Impressions of the gun?

5. Anyone running Aguilla (sp?) mini-shells with much luck on these? They tend to stove pipe upon loading in my other 870. I wouldn't think the action would change.

I have owned a few 870's with only one left in the stable. I have drifted towards the Benelli line-up but trying to decide if $500+ for a 5 shot truck gun is my next on my list.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't answer most of your Rem 870 questions, but...

I have a pretty similar setup on my Mossberg Shockwave (590). If running the Aguila minishells is important to you, a Mossberg with an Opsol Mini Clip would be the way to go.

The biggest complaint about pistol braces on the Mossberg is the location of the safety. I really don't find it to be an issue. YMMV.

Overall, I love my little short not-a-shotgun.

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
This is what you seek.
Add Mesa adapter, grip and brace of your choice.
Tac-14 dm
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
^^^

I think I lose a round with that setup?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Nobody is making a folding brace attachment that is >26” when folded?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top